Thread: Roho Nexus Spirit, Elite or Quatro cushion

Roho Nexus Spirit, Elite or Quatro cushion

I'm dealing with a small wound to the ischium. The wound doc is suggesting a new cushion and of course, right away goes Roho. Knowing only the old style Rohos I balked bigtime.

Looking at their site I see the Nexus Spirit, Elite and Quatro. I'm needing a cushion for my recliner so felt the Quatro low profile would work. One for my chair would either be the Elite dual chamber or Spirit.

I have a too small Spirit that came with a chair I inherited so have seen it. I'm using an Varitlte NX dual chambered now for years and like it fine.

I realize I should go get a pressure map like I did with the NX but don't want to drive to Seattle to get one done at the UW. The wound is from friction not pressure; long story told too many times.
    Any suggestions wil be welcomed.

Do yourself a big favor and get the mapping done A.S.A.P. I failed to get a mapping done when I got a new chair April of 2014 and I developed a stage 4 ischium wound on my left cheek. I just can't get it to heal, it's closed but oh so fragile. This is my first problem sore in nearly 40 years. Dumbest thing I've ever done. Do yourself a favor and get themapping done.

do yourself a favor

Ok
    Last edited by telperz; 06-09-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: posted twice

Patrick,

If; as you have stated, "The wound is from friction not pressure ..." and you have been "using an Varitlte NX dual chambered now for years ..." then you are fortunate in that many cushion options will work for you. If you prefer air-type cushions then you may wish to also consider the "Star Stabil-Air" model.

Pat surely given the size of Bellingham there must be somebody that can do pressure mapping there?

I like the Hybrid Elite, it has the RoHo cushion under your butt and a firm area under your legs for ease of transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'm dealing with a small wound to the ischium. The wound doc is suggesting a new cushion and of course, right away goes Roho. Knowing only the old style Rohos I balked bigtime.

Looking at their site I see the Nexus Spirit, Elite and Quatro. I'm needing a cushion for my recliner so felt the Quatro low profile would work. One for my chair would either be the Elite dual chamber or Spirit.

I have a too small Spirit that came with a chair I inherited so have seen it. I'm using an Varitlte NX dual chambered now for years and like it fine.

I realize I should go get a pressure map like I did with the NX but don't want to drive to Seattle to get one done at the UW. The wound is from friction not pressure; long story told too many times.
    Any suggestions wil be welcomed.

Thanks guys, I'm trying to setup an apointment with Advanced Mobility in Vancouver Canada for a mapping session. The closest in the states is Seattle Washington. University of Washington hosp. I don't want to fight the traffic and madness of all the shutdowns in the freeway getting there.

I'm really at a loss that DME's can sell cushions nowadays without doing a mapping. It's not rocket science nor the '70's before we had the technology to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'm really at a loss that DME's can sell cushions nowadays without doing a mapping. It's not rocket science nor the '70's before we had the technology to do it.
    Totally agree , I have to drive about three hours to get someone who knows how to do pressure mapping correctly.

on the otherhand, you know not to rely solely on mapping, its nothing more than a "guide" to give you an idea. I've heard so many times from customers that have gotten a sore after mapping. daily skin checks are the only thing that will prevent problems.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer