Thread: equip suppliers

equip suppliers

Has anyone heard of the company Care Medical? I got a mag from a meeting yesterday and there's an ad in it for this company. The mag is from 2001. They have some crazy prices: Roho cushions for $300 vs. $500. Boxes of 100 catheters for $125. Wheelchairs for almost 1/2 what I've been able to find. What's the deal with them? I looked on their site and there's some statement that they are being audited or something. I'd love to be able to buy my own stuff and not deal with the state/paperwork, etc.

yes. If you send them your info you will get a bunch of postcards from them with all the different companies they sponser.

here is there site

T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Patrick, thanks for the link. How much experience do you have in dealing with this company? (Got a laugh out of your quote. Good one.)

I have never dirrectly dealt with them. I use Express Medical. The sponsor the Abilities Expo that is coming up soon.

T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Donut
    If you deal with any medical supplier you should be able to negotiate a price for a roho. I paid 340.$ for mine. I looked at the site and I see they deal with all the manufactures it may be that they will cut their commission to sell it cheaper. Just be careful who you deal with. Good luck.

Donut,

This is an interesting site, much like sportaid or spinlife. There are a few others that I can't currently think of. Many of these sites are cheaper than most major competitors. The problem is that they work only on a cash basis. You pay up-front and work your insurance on the back end.

I recently started Live Well Medical Supplies. We sell almos every product you can think of and are less expensive than all the sites I listed. For example care catalog's price for Easy Stand Glider 6000 is $5,285, and our price for the glider is $5,000. We also will do all we can to get your insurance to pay for all items. For major durable we reccomend that you, if at all possible, pay upfront but we will do all your insurance paper work for you. This is bcause pre-authorization can take a few weeks and most people don't want to wait that long to order their equipment. Monthly supplies we can get authorized within 48 hours and can bill your insurance without the long wait.

Furthermore we never bill you till we confirm that you recieved the product. We are still constructing our website but if you are interested my information can be found in the link following my signiture.

Jeff Sirko

http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37908