Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't buy an Invacare Storm TDX

Quote Originally Posted by Spadfan
    I had to take my chair to the dealer for programing. I would like to know how to get a programmer of my own. They seem to be reluctant to let owners of the chair have one.
    Yes, they are reluctant to let you know about it, but if you scream loud enough they should sell you one. They are afraid you will mess it up and they will have to fix it. There is a remote possibility that it may happen, but I thought that's what their hourly rate was for . If they just refuse to sell you one keep trying Invacare dealers until you find one that will sell it to you. The part is listed on the TDX5 parts website. It's called "Remote Programmer", part number 1109091 for $225.75 MSRP.

HTH,
    David

Just as an FYI I've attached my current settings for the 4 drive modes in case anyone is interested. It shows the possible items that you can change and how I've got them set that seems to work for me.

I just saw that my old thread re: the TDX was brought back to life! I have to be fair to this chair. Since January when I first posted, this chair has proved itself to me. It's fantastic inside and pretty decent outside. After a few reprogramming trips to the DME the chair is doing much better. I have drive 1 set as a good all around indoor chair. Drive 2 is all speed with med torque and drivw 3 is all torque with med speed. Drive 4 is my tilt.

The chair will get stuck in the dirt and stones if you try to reverse in a straight line after stopping forward movement. I've learned to make a very small circle instead of backing. The chair performs much better then.

The only problem I've had to date is a loose battery cable and a blown charger. My tires need to be replaced, they now have 14 months of usage on them.

I have to say, I like the chair and I treat this thing harshly.

Dave
    Dave

Spadfan I can sell you a programer.... give me your email

Looks like I'll be getting a TDX - a TDX3 with the TrueTrack option, and tilt. I'm working on the programmer.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I like the TDX 3, and the true track is a nice option. I'm not crazy about Invacares tilt system, (motion has a nicer one) but it works.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by angus
    Spadfan I can sell you a programer.... give me your email
    Angus, just saw your post. Shoot me a PM with the particulars and I will take it under consideration. The price Invacare lists in their manual is out of the question for something you would probably only use once or twice.
    Last edited by Spadfan; 11-03-2005 at 11:02 PM.
    William M.
    T 6/7 Complete - 4/20/74

Just got a call yesterday from my DME rep telling me my insurance company approved my request for a TDX5. It was only submitted 1 day before that -- looks like somebody was in a holiday mood.

I'm getting the Formula Super-Low w/tilt system. I'm concerned about the smaller batteries but I need the low height for driving, getting under desks at work, etc.

I'm hoping to get mine low. I'm tired of sitting so tall that I can't reach things well.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

TDX5 Storm

My son has had the TDX5 Storm since then end of 2003. I cannot with a good conscience recommend this chair. When we first received it, we were overjoyed that our son had such a wonderful chair. That joy soon turned into frustration and then to pure anger. On the plus side, it has a great turn radius and is quick. On the negative side, the chair has a horrible tilt system. We have had the very same parts (actuator, SAC box, etc.. etc) replaced numerous times. My son has been stranded
    due to malfunctions. The electronics has experiences issues as well. All I can say is that we have had numerous service calls on what became a weekly basis. We still have hopes that our soon to arrive TDX5 replacement will eliminate our dissatisfaction with the product. Perhaps we received a defective chair on the first go around... I guess it can happen.