Thread: Which would be the better choice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which would be the better choice?

Happy new year to all and I hope this year will be sucessful for researchers and SCI victims.
    My aunt has offered to buy me a new cushion.I have a choice between the Verilite evolution which has superior pressure distribution,positioning support and self inflating.The other is a Camp relax gel air contour cushion.
    I welcome all suggestions and criticism in regards to the cushion

"everyday above ground is a good day"

Were did you pick these two? Did you get an interface computerized pressure assessment using these cushions? This is the only true way to evaluate which cushion is best for YOU. There is no one cushion that is right for everyone.

(KLD)

Obviously SCI-Nurse is right - get the computer assessment... But for my two cents, I have th eevolution and absolutely love it. Comfy and extremely light.

(T6 Incomplete 8/27/04)

Originally posted by WillWalkAgain:

Happy new year to all and I hope this year will be sucessful for researchers and SCI victims.
    My aunt has offered to buy me a new cushion.I have a choice between the Verilite evolution which has superior pressure distribution,positioning support and self inflating.The other is a Camp relax gel air contour cushion.
    I welcome all suggestions and criticism in regards to the cushion

--------------------
    "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)

I live in Jamaica and,these assesments or tests are not available .I guess I'll just have to make a choice.Thanks alot though

We use a lot of Varilite cushions. I am not familiar with the Camp Relax, but from my review of it on the internet it appears to be more for comfort and there is really no information provided about its pressure reducing features or measurements. Gel can also be hot and cause sweating and skin breakdown in hot climates. I would not recommend it at this time for you, certainly sight unseen. Why are these your only two options? Have you considered a Roho cushion?

(KLD)

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse:

We use a lot of Varilite cushions. I am not familiar with the Camp Relax, but from my review of it on the internet it appears to be more for comfort and there is really no information provided about its pressure reducing features or measurements. Gel can also be hot and cause sweating and skin breakdown in hot climates. I would not recommend it at this time for you, certainly sight unseen. Why are these your only two options? Have you considered a Roho cushion?

(KLD)
    Sad to say these were the options that were given to me.In other words,are you saying the varilite is a better choice.Thank you.

I am confused. If your aunt is private paying for the cushion, why are you limited to these two? Other cushions can easily be purchased on-line.

The gel cushion is rated for those with "moderate" risks for pressure ulcers. This is not someone with SCI, where the risks are high. Between the two cushions I would go with the Varilite, but I would still want to know more about your needs, posture, level of injury, etc. before limiting yourself to only this one cushion.

(KLD)