Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another cushion question.....Stimulite

Yet another cushion question.....Stimulite

Hi All,

Hoping someone could offer advice about the Supracor Stimulite cushions.
    My partner is a C4 quad and is currently using a Roho which he is finding ok for pressure relief etc. Only problem is that it isn't allowing his butt skin to "breathe" (especially in this hot Australian weather!)
    My question with the Stimulite cushion is - would it be suitable for my partner in terms of Stability? Suppliers of the product here don't have much information, and as it is quite a firm cushion (more so than the Roho) I can only assume it may not offer as much support.

Many thanks!!!

Stick with the Roho would be my advice. I went with a Stimulite after 20 yrs with Roho.Had a collapsing cushion after a short period. The Stimulite collapses is what I've found. Even the Vender informed me they were getting a lot of returns on it.Maybe lifting more frequenly to let the air flow through, or a big fan to keep cool.A good cotton cover may help.Just don't give up whats working too quickly.

imo opinion stimulite classic is by far the best cushion. iver used the classic style for 8 yrs now, my but doesnt even get red, ever. they dont collapse the learn your butt and then conform to it. they feel hard for about a week then they fit like a glove.
    best thing, they let your butt breath, no moisture stays it all goes through the cushion.
    im inc w/ near normal feeling, i can tell u they are comfortable.
    rohos are the most uncomfortable cushion there is to me.
    i replace my classic about every 1.5 yrs, and yes ins pays for it.

Fuentjps.. It may also have something to do with temp and this has to be taken into consideration. In Canada at a low temp(like-!0 to -30 degrees celcius)I believe it effects the performance of the cushion.Yours didn't collapse but I know of a couple that have.I didn't just imagine the problem I had. That could also be true in a high temperate zone.Also it depends on how much a person weighs. I suppose that if it works stick with it.If a person is going to change cushions I would suggest getting a loaner and try it out before spending any money.In the end it's not really the cost.

no murray i dont think your imagining it.
    as for weight i dont think its an issue. im 6'2 200, and havent ever had a problem. as for temperature, i know when its 85-90 here in ohio im darn glad im on a stimulite

Thanks for your opinions. We are definately looking at getting a trial cushion first but didnt want to waste our time organising that if the cushion isnt suitable in respect to stability with my partner's level of injury. Any thoughts in respect to the stability side of things??? Any high level quads use/have tried this product?

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County
    I have questions about the Stimulite as well. I've only had my new chair, with the Stimulite "Slimline" cushion for 2 weeks. I've found that the primary side I transfer to/from (right side) is quite a bit lower than the left side. It seems like the cells have flattened out or something. Is the the collapse that you are referring to?

It also will not stay put, and ends getting pushed to the left about 3/4 of an inch, which makes me sit funny. Any advise?

I like the cushion, as it feels good, and it's really light. I haven't experienced hot weather yet.....It's raining and drizzly in SoCal right now.

If at all possible, try to demo the cushion before you make the purchase. You will need to have a back-up cushion so maybe you can get the Roho and the Stimulite as your primary cushion. If you are not able to demo the cushion and it does not work out for you, then you can fall back on the Roho. Also, find out about the vendor's policy on exchanges and warranties.

PN

Originally posted by HSB:

I have questions about the Stimulite as well. I've only had my new chair, with the Stimulite "Slimline" cushion for 2 weeks. I've found that the primary side I transfer to/from (right side) is quite a bit lower than the left side. It seems like the cells have flattened out or something. Is the the collapse that you are referring to?

It also will not stay put, and ends getting pushed to the left about 3/4 of an inch, which makes me sit funny. Any advise?

I like the cushion, as it feels good, and it's really light. I haven't experienced hot weather yet.....It's raining and drizzly in SoCal right now.
    hmm, isnt it velcroed to your chair seat. also, your side guards should hold it in place

Originally posted by AussieShan:

Thanks for your opinions. We are definately looking at getting a trial cushion first but didnt want to waste our time organising that if the cushion isnt suitable in respect to stability with my partner's level of injury. Any thoughts in respect to the stability side of things??? Any high level quads use/have tried this product?
    im an inc c4-5