Thread: We just bought the new tilt-in-space Active Aid shower chair!

We just bought the new tilt-in-space Active Aid shower chair!

It cost $2587 from Allegro (free shipping at least!) and it's on a 6 week back order, but it's supposed to help prevent pressure sores, a battle we are *constantly* fighting. We got the optional arm troughs (not shown in the link below) and the optional extra safety straps and the optional heel straps as Chad is a complete C4 quad. When it arrives, we'll post a review!

Our cool new shower chair

zillazangel
    This chair looks great. It's about time some one came out with a decent chair and so nice to get some pressure relief at the same time!! Can't wait to hear how you like it. Posts some pictures if you can.

MERCO

zillazangel-i have one just like it, but mine has the big back wheels.turn he seat around and you want have to worry about pressure sore. you can seat for hours

Originally posted by Julian:

http://store.yahoo.com/medicalproduc...rectilsho.html

Heres one for under $500
    That's a great low cost alternative - I'd seen ones like that before, but because Chad is a high level quad, we need quite a few other "bells and whistles" like heel straps, seatbelts, shin guards, arm troughs, flip back arms and feet, etc. But if you were handy, you could possibly add/modify those kinds of things and reduce the $2500 price tag we paid. Thanks for posting that for others who may need a tilting chair. We are very lucky that finances are not a big issue for us so we just ordered this one which was pre-made perfectly for our needs (they custom make them if you need even more specialized options by the way for anyone else reading this).

Ami

I use an E&J,one like this but with quad rims.about $1000.00

"Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

I have a more basic active aid shower chair. I like it much better than the old E&J. The padding is much softer and you can play with the height of the chair based on the size of the wheels, to make it easier for an independent transfer. My only complaint is they only come in rigid styles so you can not fold it up when you go on trips. For me being able to do that independent transfer is what enabled me to move out of my parents home, making it well worth it.

Aly

The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
    Don Juan Matus

Originally posted by Hawk:

I use an E&J,one like this but with quad rims.about $1000.00

"Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"
    That's the kind I have.

Alan

There's a fungus among us, and I'm not lichen it!

Nerve Center Telnet BBS - tncbbs.no-ip.com