Thread: Shower Chair Suggestions

Shower Chair Suggestions

I am looking for a new folding commode chair. I currently have a Invacare one and it's falling apart and the seat is rock hard and back rest to low for my liking.

But it also looking for a transfer bench I think it's called. A solid one. Something I can bring to Hotel and transfer into. Adjusting height and folding to make it compact is key. But mainly something quality built cause I do rough transfers being a T2.

Just wanted to see what the masses say.
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    and, of course, GO! Mobility Solutions at http://www.GoesAnywhere.,com. Must have slipped SCI-Nurse's mind.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    and, of course, GO! Mobility Solutions at http://www.GoesAnywhere.,com. Must have slipped SCI-Nurse's mind.

rick
    I knew I could trust you to insert a promotion for your company's product.

(KLD)

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I knew I could trust you to insert a promotion for your company's product.

(KLD)
    And I knew I could trust you to promote anybody BUT GO! Mobility! Unlike you, I am informing, not promoting, as I use the product myself and invented it for SCIs personally. You might at least offer ALL of the alternatives and allow my peers to decide for themselves. Thx again!

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I have actually seen some for sale on eBay for very low prices, but I don't know if those chairs are any good. The pictures look good, and obviously the information about them sounds good, but... Buyer beware.

I need a new shower/commode chair, but I don't have $1000 or more to pay for one. My current chair is a Graham Fields, formerly Everest and Jennings. Those two brands are the only shower chairs I've had.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I have a Carex shower chair that disassembles easily for travel. The legs on it easily twist off and the back pops off easily. I just put all of the pieces of it into a duffel bag when I travel. It cost me only $40.00 at a local medical supply store. That, and this shower chair is very easy to clean and has no metal parts that corrode (they also make a transfer bench shower chair, but it doesn't disassemble as easily).

Jessie

Is anyone familiar with the Seatara Travel Shower Commode Chair available on ebay? It's inexpensive and lightweight (25.5 lbs) and probably not too durable, but if it can survive the occasional short trip, it seems like a good option for a self-propelled travel shower chair. There is no video of the folding process. If it folds like a conventional folding wheelchair, that's a heck of a lot simpler than the assembly required by the well known names in travel shower chairs.

Here's the link to ebay.

http://tinyurl.com/yd74fqex

Something like this would be great if it had an easily removable backrest: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AEGCQ2?psc=1