Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Truck Conversion is Best

Which Truck Conversion is Best

I am seriously considering getting rid of my van and buying a truck. I'm sick of the constant transferring and struggling to get up my ramp. I have seen two different conversions, the SVM Mobility(Previously GoSchichi) and ATC conversions. Not sure which one is better. Has anyone had any experience with either one? What are the Pros and Cons?

No experience here other than seeing that it is a heavy modification. You can probably see one in person at that Abilities Expo thing coming up soon, they had one there last year (if you are still where your location says you are)

Quote Originally Posted by ikeraider8 View Post
    I am seriously considering getting rid of my van and buying a truck. I'm sick of the constant transferring and struggling to get up my ramp. I have seen two different conversions, the SVM Mobility(Previously GoSchichi) and ATC conversions. Not sure which one is better. Has anyone had any experience with either one? What are the Pros and Cons?
    I'm interested as well. Would like to hear what people have to say about there truck conversion.

I luv my ryno conversion.......Name:  Picture 007.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  267.0 KBName:  2011-09-22_15-15-29_302.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  114.6 KB

I would love a truck but there are 2 negative's for me!
    1. Price!!!!WOW
    2. I cant drive from my chair. Manual chair and how uncomfortable!

Are there options for not driving from your chair? Without some arm coming down and picking up the chair. The reason for a truck is for the room and if there is some big arm in the bed that takes away from the space in the bed.

Blog Entries
    I saw one at Mobility Works in Akron. They got it in for a guy who found out he couldn't drive it comfortably from his chair. If anything were to go wrong with the mechanism, the driver would be stuck a long way from the ground. The way it was set up an able bodied person couldn't drive it. Here's the details on the one I saw.

http://www.mobilityworks.com/invento...hp?stock=2894B
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

I saw that too. very cool though

Quote Originally Posted by TomRL View Post
    I saw one at Mobility Works in Akron. They got it in for a guy who found out he couldn't drive it comfortably from his chair. If anything were to go wrong with the mechanism, the driver would be stuck a long way from the ground. The way it was set up an able bodied person couldn't drive it. Here's the details on the one I saw.

http://www.mobilityworks.com/invento...hp?stock=2894B
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have similar to this,http://bruno.com/vehicle-lift-out-rider.html wouldn't trade it for anything. t

This is a newer conversion, the old conversion (like I have) has the option of manually working the lift if something were to happen. I can't see how they would allow that safety feature to go away. Also, with the newer conversions the door will still open like it came from the factory so thats added safety. On the able body not being able to drive it I do not know why. I just roll the stock seat back in mine and its ready to go for anyone else to drive.

For the record, my next vehicle will be a from Steve at ATC and will be a hydraulic slide out design.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Lance does your lift rattle while driving?