Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uroflow, Cystometrogram and Cystoscopy

So you normally have voluntary control of your voiding? Did you also have a sphincter EMG as part of your urodynamics? I am confused. Have you been determined to have internal urinary sphincter problems that would indicate that a stent would bypass those types of problems? Internal urinary sphincter spasm can only really be seen during videourodynamics or urogram.

I was diagnosed with urge incontinence. Here is the insurance report of what was done:

INTRAABDOMINAL PRESSURE TEST - 51797 (CPT?)
    ELECTRO-UROFLOWMETRY, FIRST - 51741 (CPT?)
    ANAL/URINARY MUSCLE STUDY - 51784 (CPT?)
    COMPLEX CYSTOMETROGRAM VOIDING PRESSURE STUDIES - 51728 (CPT?)
    CYSTOURETHROSCOPY - 52000 (CPT?)

It sounds like the Spanner stent would not be a good thing, gee I dont want further incontinence, my bladder is neurogenic, is what I have read in notes, there was talk of a bladder neck insicion, but when I saw this I thought it might help

Thanks for the discussion, guess I will never understand all this

Update: I thought the Spanner would help me, as I thought it would keep my bladder neck sphincter open, so it would be so much for my bladder to contract, but my Urologist looked it over, and told me that my bladder is to weak for this to work. He did find it interesting as he hadn't seen one before. And actually thank me for sending to him, as he has patients that this would work for. I do hope this devise could help someone.

So I stay on my journey, if I don't search, if I don't try to find things out, well,,, I don't want to give in.

My urologist confirmed I have a neurogenic bladder. I have read it takes time to confirm, not sure I wanted to know. I quit looking up idea's nothing I found really helped. I did make it clear to my Urologist, I didn't want my kidneys to get hurt. It appears he keeps on confirming they are ok. Guess that is comforting.

My GFR is 60. I feel I should be alarmed. Maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsgarden View Post
    My GFR is 60. I feel I should be alarmed. Maybe not
    GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate) is an estimate of kidney function in healthy adults based on serum creatinine in combination with age, sex, weight, race. For example men have higher creatinine levels than women because men have higher average muscle mass and creatinine generation than women. Factors that effect GFR include age (as we age, GFR goes down even with healthy kidneys), sex (women have lower GFR than men, even at the same creatinine generation levels), race (African Americans have higher GFR rates than white Americans), diet (restriction of or inclusion of dietary protein), and normal muscle mass or muscle wasting are reflected by increased GFR or decreased GFR, respectively.

GFR is only one indicator of kidney function and should be viewed as only one part of the measure of healthy kidney function. Blood testing, urine testing, and kidney imaging studies give your doctor a more complete picture of the health of your kidney function than the GFR number alone.

All the best,
    GJ

By itself, the GFR is really only one little piece of the pie. You should check with your doctor to see what other results are before you start getting alarmed.
    ckf

Yes your right.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    By itself, the GFR is really only one little piece of the pie. You should check with your doctor to see what other results are before you start getting alarmed.
    ckf