Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uroflow, Cystometrogram and Cystoscopy

Uroflow, Cystometrogram and Cystoscopy

Well finally got this done to me, here are the results, don't really know what they mean, as the only thing my new Dr. told me is to continue to self cath or use a Foley and this will be longterm. Also said my bladder was hypotonic. And the my kidneys were safe, low filling pressure.

Volume at first desire to void:75cc
    Volume at strong urge to void:511cc
    Maximum cystometric capacity:512
    Uninhibited detrusor contractions:Yes
    Normal compliance :Yes
    Qmax:6.4 ml/s
    Quave:3.0ml/s
    Voided Volume:50cc
    PVR:461cc
    Pdet at Qmax:35.4

Trying to research this, but not understanding a lot yet

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsgarden View Post
    Well finally got this done to me, here are the results, don't really know what they mean, as the only thing my new Dr. told me is to continue to self cath or use a Foley and this will be longterm. Also said my bladder was hypotonic. And the my kidneys were safe, low filling pressure.

Volume at first desire to void:75cc (this is low, common in a neurogenic bladder)
    Volume at strong urge to void:511cc
    (this is pretty good)
    Maximum cystometric capacity:512
    (this should say cc as well)
    Uninhibited detrusor contractions:Yes
    (this indicates that your bladder "spasms" when it should not)
    Normal compliance :Yes
    (This means your bladder stretches as it should, while maintaining an appropriate pressure)
    Qmax:6.4 ml/s
    (this is the maximum rate at which you peed. This indicates you may have some obstruction to urine outflow from the bladder, such as a non-coordinated urinary sphincter muscle)
    Quave:3.0ml/s
    (this is the average flow rate of urine when you peed. Again, it is low)
    Voided Volume:50cc
    (this is how much you were able to urinate)
    PVR:461cc
    (= post void residual...the amount of urine left in your bladder after you pee. This is very high. It should be less than 50 cc)
    Pdet at Qmax:35.4
    (Detrusor = bladder. Pdet max is the maximum amount of pressure inside your bladder during the study. It should be less than 40. Yours is higher than normal, but not so high that it is dangerous.

Trying to research this, but not understanding a lot yet.
    I would need to see the actual graph to be able to tell you more. Did you have a sphincter EMG done at the same time? The urologist should be telling you about the results of this study.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I would need to see the actual graph to be able to tell you more. Did you have a sphincter EMG done at the same time? The urologist should be telling you about the results of this study.

(KLD)
    I never seen a graph, and he was a little short with me,(time wise, I was overwhelmed too) my Wife was with me but, I'm going to ask him as you mentioned to explain this to me, or email me with explanation which I do like so I can reread. But you are so right, and you have explained it better then anyone has to me. Here is some codes of what was done, not sure if this will help, URO22, Complex Cystometrogram, URO23 Uroflowmetry, URO24 EMG, Urine Voiding pressure study , URO34 Cystourethoscopy.
    I cant thank you enough
    Lynn

If this was you, and what you know, would you go back to the Foley? I got he feeling from him even thou he said, its ok to self cath,, and use a Foley when its difficult to insert or for convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
    Read and reread your very good answers, and curious on one of them not fully understanding, (Uninhibited detrusor contractions:Yes (this indicates that your bladder "spasms" when it should not) I understand the spasm thing, but is this where the incontinence comes in also? Uninhibited Detrusor contractions?
    IIIIIIiIIIIIIIIIiiii

Yes, uninhibited bladder contractions can cause leakage of urine and incontinence if the contractions are strong enough to overcome the outlet resistance provided by the urinary sphincter, if your sphincter does not open when your bladder contracts (as it should).

(KLD)

I assume this why I'm also incontinent.

Also I sent information about the Spanner stent to him, and his nurse said he was interested, and also her administrator said they could get it. Wonder if others had tried that

Why would you want a urethral stent inserted if your concerns are incontinence? A urethral stent would result in continuous urine drainage/leakage/incontinence. Stents are for temporary use only, and would be used for treatment of urethral strictures, false passages, or a stone or tumor blocking the urethra.

(KLD)

The Spanner stent doesnt extend into the outer sphincter. Its inserted and looks like a foley without the end coming out, the patient has bladder control I was told