Thread: Someone school me on Mary J

Someone school me on Mary J

More specifically the oil that wont get you high that you can put in food and stuff. Not looking to get high just want to see if it will help my pain. Thanks.

I can't give you a lot of information but I do know if you're going to put it in edibles, be very careful of how much you eat. A lot of people make the mistake of eating some and not feeling the effects immediately so they eat more. The end result is you get VERY high and not in a good way. I'm not sure what type of pain you have, but it does work well on tight muscles and spasticity. Hope this helps

Well I have bad spasticity. Also bad neuro pain. So anything that will help is good.

Blog Entries
    I vouch for suzq, it is well founded that a lttle goes long way. High does not = no pain.

most edibles are for getting high. the makers use indica
    sativa is generally a functional thc, so if you can find edibles made from that you might find something that will work for you
    what you want to search for are high CDB edibles. I get lozenges that have 30mg of CDB and 5mg of THC. they help
    but don't expect any THC based product to give you the same affect as pharmaceuticals

I make an extract out of weed, and take 1/2 cc twice a day. The extract is commonly called Rick Simpson oil, or RSO. The only material I can find to make it out of is regular stoner weed, mostly scraps, which is high THC material. I'm growing some high CBD plants, to see if this helps with pain as well, or makes a less side affect medicine. I smoke high CBD cannabis, and its very different then regular cannabis. But I do not have enough high CBD material to make the RSO with. It takes a butt load,(literally because I do suppository's) of material to make this much extract. A pound of cannabis makes about 60 CCs of extract, or about 2 months worth.

First this was a last resort for me, after the opiates started to make my pain worse. I first tried this extract for withdrawals, and it works great for that. Worked so well in fact,that I just kept taking it. Got to say this stuff has given me my life back. Instead of figuring out ways to not sit as much as possible, because of the four ninja's caving up my ass, I now sit all day. And I sit relatively pain free. Plus the neuro pain in my lower half, is very much under control. If someone had told me that RSO would work so well for pain six months ago, I would have told them they were crazy. But its been four wonderful months of getting up and just doing stuff all day long. Its not so bad to be a low para, if you can sit all day long. Hell it's even fun to go on car trips, which has been very painful in the past.

There are some side affects of course, but you do get used to them in time, just like with other meds. As with opiates, your pain takes away alot of the side affects. The side affects are far different then if you were to smoke some regular cannabis. You are eating it, not smoking it, there is a big difference. Smoking cannabis for me anyway, helped a bit, but only a little. When I did force myself to drive on the opiates, to see my grand daughter, when I got back, it felt like someone had beaten on my tailbone with a hammer for two days. Now I sit all day rolling around doing things, don't no where the ninja's or the hammer went, and frankly I don't care.

David
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    A pound of cannabis makes about 60 CCs of extract, or about 2 months worth.
    Admittedly I'm not the best at math, but from prices across the country and the fact that apparently you're going thru 8 oz a month... wow... I just hope medical marijuana is a lot cheaper over there than the illegal stuff is on the other side of the country... by my calculations that would cost me in the neighborhood of $3,000 a month.

It's not that bad. I have grower friends, not to mention my medical grower. They give me the small bud, and trimming that are left over. This works fine to make the extract. Got to say, it really pays to live in a state that has medical cannabis. I can grow six plants myself, and if you put some effort into growing you can get at least a pound per plant, and about a half pound of scrap.
    I would not go to the effort, but it is the first stuff that actually works for me.
    They have it for sale at the dispensers for about 30 dollars a gram. A couple of grams (cc) is enough to tell if it helps you.
    Its a fun plant to have in the garden, it grows like a weed.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    It's not that bad. I have grower friends, not to mention my medical grower. They give me the small bud, and trimming that are left over. This works fine to make the extract. Got to say, it really pays to live in a state that has medical cannabis. I can grow six plants myself, and if you put some effort into growing you can get at least a pound per plant, and about a half pound of scrap.
    I would not go to the effort, but it is the first stuff that actually works for me.
    They have it for sale at the dispensers for about 30 dollars a gram. A couple of grams (cc) is enough to tell if it helps you.
    Its a fun plant to have in the garden, it grows like a weed.
    I'm sofaking jealous of you... I'd like to try and see if it helps my pain, but the state that I live in isn't accommodating in that area, and besides the career I'm going into means I had better not ever have dirty piss regardless of whether or not it's legal.