Thread: Wheelchair accessible home for sale in South Florida

Wheelchair accessible home for sale in South Florida

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not please redirect.

We just listed our home to sell. It is a Key West style, located in a very quiet neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. Home is in Port St. Lucie, FL which is about 1 hour north of Palm Beach, 2 hours south of Orlando on the east coast. We built the house in 2004, and had many accessible features added (without it looking too modified) such as:

• All level access (no ramps)
    • Floors are tiled and wood laminate (no carpet)
    • Cabinet floor of kitchen sink & cooktop are cutout (open doors and roll under)
    • Lowered cooktop area
    • Wall oven with side swing door
    • Large Master bedroom with spacious bathroom
    • Half pedestal sink
    • Roll in shower (with door that can be closed!)
    • Pocket doors in master closets
    • Brick paver patio in backyard to enjoy the private yard on nature preserve

You can view the listing and pictures here:
    http://www.barrierfreehome.com/accessible-property/index.php?a=2&b=1754

Ugh! If you could have waited a few more years, you would have us seriously negotiating with you! We are not planning on moving for another 3 years. The house is awesome looking! Good luck on selling it!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Saw your post yesterday and came back to say the EXACT same thing as Wheeliecoach. Three years from now I would be giving you a full price offer. Nice job on the adaptions!. Good luck with the sale.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

C5 Incomplete - 25 years of experience!

Looks interesting. Can you clarify some of the recurring costs...is there maintenance fee applicable to that section of the community in addition to the HOA fee? Is the CDD in addition to the tax listed on the MLS listing? Any other monthly/yearly fees I haven't stumbled upon beyond these?

Sorry for the delay Andy. Here's what I can tell you about fees:

$750 per year for the Property Owners Association (covers upkeep on common areas in the development)
    $80 per month for the HOA (covers CABLE TV, lawn care every other week, tree/shrub trimming once a quarter, clubhouse with pool, workout room)
    The CDD is roughly $1100 per year, paid in taxes. I am a quad, and the state of FL gives a complete exemption on property taxes for quadriplegics. The amount shown on MLS for taxes also includes garbage and fire dept.
    C5 Incomplete - 25 years of experience!

Thanks for the info. A little steep on the recurring costs...I'm trying to escape that in my retirement/relocation plan. I hear you on the 'garbage' subject...one subdivision high on my list has a $1.50 sticker from the town that you put on garbage bag for pickup. I'm used to a bunch of carts in the alley that as long as you don't put construction debris into, it gets hauled. Bags only? Really? Might get interesting there garbage-wise