Thread: Do they still make.....

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County

Do they still make.....

I think only you ladies who are of a "certain age" will know what I'm talking about. Do they still make those belted sanitary napkins? I remember going home with these when I had my children back in the early 80's. I'm bed bound, equipped with a wound vac, can't use a toilet, so inserting and removing a tampon is going to be difficult (my anatomy is weird, I've been told I have a "tipped uterus" and therefore tampons have always been a challenge, especially post SCI - T2 para).

Because I have to evacuate my bowels in bed, on a chux, I am trying to avoid wearing Depends, so I thought about using these belted sanitary napkins if I can find them. Any ideas? I've searched around the internet and can't find them. Maybe I'm using the wrong key words.

Thanks ladies!

Not since the mid 80's. Thank you, Stayfree inventor.

The only similar set up I can think of would be a thin, overnight maxi pad stuck onto the inside of a thong.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl View Post
    I think only you ladies who are of a "certain age" will know what I'm talking about. Do they still make those belted sanitary napkins? I remember going home with these when I had my children back in the early 80's. I'm bed bound, equipped with a wound vac, can't use a toilet, so inserting and removing a tampon is going to be difficult (my anatomy is weird, I've been told I have a "tipped uterus" and therefore tampons have always been a challenge, especially post SCI - T2 para).

Because I have to evacuate my bowels in bed, on a chux, I am trying to avoid wearing Depends, so I thought about using these belted sanitary napkins if I can find them. Any ideas? I've searched around the internet and can't find them. Maybe I'm using the wrong key words.

Thanks ladies!
    I think this is what you're looking for. Wal-mart has them too. I'm confused, Overstock's description indicates there are 6 dozen included for that price. Wal-mart is almost the same price for one. There must be a mistake somewhere.

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...9/product.html

With these:

http://protex-medical.myshopify.com/products/244

If you google maxi pads or maternity pads with "tails" you'll find more options for the pads.
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 05-31-2015 at 03:17 AM.

I think they still make some like that because my sister told me that is what they had her use without the belt after she had my niece 6 years ago. She used them with snug fitting granny style underwear. If you look up hospital style sanitary napkins, you might be able to find some.

Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl View Post
    I am trying to avoid wearing Depends, so I thought about using these belted sanitary napkins if I can find them.
    Y'all did well to find these antiquities!!! But from what you wrote wheeliegirl, it isn't clear to me if you are looking to capture menstrual flow or urine. If the latter, pads for this purpose are far better at capturing volume. Most of them have adhesive that sticks to underwear, so that might not fit your need with wound vac and difficulty changing them. Or, you can get superabsorbent chux that move urine away from skin, and would also capture menstrual flow and bowels. They are not cheap, but they really work when you are unable to maneuver yourself. And they allow your skin to be open to air, which is best if you are bed bound. This is what I have used when bed bound, holds a lot and it doesn't make you sweat: http://www.allegromedical.com/incont...d-p556821.html

I found these online. They're period underwear, but aren't as bulky as Depends. http://www.shethinx.com/?gclid=CJSo-...FY9cfgodQOcJKw