Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for wheelchair/handcycle attachment

Looking for wheelchair/handcycle attachment

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a "used" handcycle to chair attachment such as the "quickie shadow cyclone" or "dragonfly" but also like to know of any other brands out there that I don't know about but might prefer

cheers,
    roller

There are lots of them....none other than dragonfly that are made in the states.... but bike-on.com imports a number of different ones I think...

Thanks DJ. If anyone knows of someone who has one collecting dust and wants to off load it, please let me know

I used to search ebay and craigslist frequently and evey once in a while you would see a used one for sale...you can search all of craigslist at one time at http://www.allofcraigslist.com/ the thing about a used quickie attachment you have to make sure the part that attaches it to the chair is not the original one because they did not work to well here is a link to one that has the attaching part you do not want http://www.disableddealer.com/clientphotos/115952p1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    I used to search ebay and craigslist frequently and evey once in a while you would see a used one for sale...you can search all of craigslist at one time at http://www.allofcraigslist.com/ the thing about a used quickie attachment you have to make sure the part that attaches it to the chair is not the original one because they did not work to well here is a link to one that has the attaching part you do not want http://www.disableddealer.com/clientphotos/115952p1.jpg
    Thanks again DJ
    Have you used the dragonfly at all? I tried a cyclone years ago and thought it was a fantastic piece of kit. I ride handcycle most days but want one of these attachables for walking the dogs or just long strolls etc. (save the joints)
    Not in a rush so that's why I thought I'd start looking for a used one, you know there are a bunch of these sitting around collecting dust

never had a chance to try dragonfly but for your stated purpose either one may do...I have and use a cyclone daily and think it is great... I got it back in 1993 so it has 24 gears and a two speed hub and got the second generation attachment part, after I the one that came with it kept failing... by the way for what you are talking about the first generation attachment part MIGHT work out for you...You are right about these things sitting around collecting dust. If I see anything I will let you know.

bump

bump

I have a Dragonfly and love it (no way am I selling it) you might also look at Stryker and there are a few other players - I saw a great one in Berlin today but did not get the name of the maker. The Dragonfly is great for increasing range and speed and can simply bump up a 4" curb - helps to hit it with a little speed. It is not great on hills - even after I changed the gears to a slower ratio

Hey Icarus

Do you know if any of them are better on the hills??

Thanks