Thread: Nootropics and Partial Seizures

Nootropics and Partial Seizures

Does anyone have experience with Nootropics and seizures?
    Never Give Up!

Yes when I used to work Epilepsy unit years ago and we had intractable( uncontrollable with traditional meds) seizures. You would have to read the research
    However this is an SCI forum.
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Yes when I used to work Epilepsy unit years ago and we had intractable( uncontrollable with traditional meds) seizures. You would have to read the research
    However this is an SCI forum.
    CWO
    Thank you CWO! Do you have any links to research?
    Never Give Up!

What kind of information are you looking for? I have had seizure/on medication ever since my accident and some time in hospital. Ever since then I have been on Dilantin and Keppra. Probably will be for remainder of life. Actually once again attempting to start process of regaining driver license. I need to be medically approved by orthopedic doctor for physical and neurologist for seizure issue. Am getting 2nd EEG in last 6 months is just a few weeks for neurologist to ensure none of that is deteriorating.

I'm on Dilantin right now but I want to increase my cognitive abilities and have read Nootropics do this.
    Never Give Up!

Nootropics like in the movies "Limitless" and "The Bourne Legacy" ?

Can't vouch for the truthiness of Reddit posts but you may find some information here.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nootropics/

http://gizmodo.com/nootropics-and-th...dit-1692737550

There has been conversation and studies that have mentioned the potential of Piracetam to increase the overall threshold of seizures showing to be useful for helping to prevent seizures in some case studies. While many nootropics are still being studied and although short-term effects have been positive, the long-term are not as commonly known, Piracetam has been around for quite some time. It was the first synthesized nootropic that was created and has been studied for over 40 years. Of course, always check the legality in your country or state but it is legal in most places in the United States.

Personally, I have had a lot of success using nootropic supplements. I feel that the recent ban in certain countries is simply a matter of big pharmaceutical companies wanting their piece of the pie. There are a wide variety of nootropics that continue to show positive results for helping to not only improve various areas of cognitive functioning but also helping to prevent cognitive decline and aging. I find the topic to be fascinating and believe that while there is still a lot to be learned about nootropics, there is also a huge potential upside that can open the doors in the neuroscience community and lead to great breakthroughs. My hope is that the research will not slow down.

Each and every person is different and their brain and body chemistry may be different, too. Therefore, some nootropics can potential work better for one person than it will another. However, I think there are enough positive results and interesting research being conducted that it is worth continuing studies to find out if they can eventually serve as a type of treatment for certain brain disorders and other cognitive issues like seizures.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    Does anyone have experience with Nootropics and seizures?