Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Quads Flying a Drone?

No adaptive set up at all. I'll video how I fly and post it here. Sorry for late response.

Quote Originally Posted by air ohs View Post
    thinking of this one for my first starter drone .

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00P...A3QTILSGJZUURE
    I've been eying that one too, as a gift for my teenage nephew. It's quite a bit less expensive at amazon.com if you can swing that.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Do you have any special set up for your controller?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtO8-RtTbaM
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    I've been eying that one too, as a gift for my teenage nephew. It's quite a bit less expensive at amazon.com if you can swing that.
    only 7 minutes of flying, sigh...
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Guess this thread is old news now, but I fly a phantom and I am a quad.
    Worst part is crashing it somewhere you can't get to

What kind of ranges are you getting with your drones? I have a phantom 3 standard, have been flying for about 10 days. With the controller on my lap, I'm lucky if it'll go 600 feet. My brother-in-law flying holding the controller went further than half a mile without losing signal. I've seen videos on YouTube of people going over 6000 feet with a stock remote. I live in a very rural part of Southwest New Mexico, should be very little electromagnetic interference. I'm wondering if the controller being so close to my power wheelchair could be having an effect? On the YouTube video, the guy made a point of taking off his apple watch so it would not interfere.

Generally you want an omnidirectional antenna to be at a right angle to the drone due to radio wave propagation out of those. If that doesn't help, maybe a directional antenna could be of benefit.

I'd think you should get pretty good range in a rural area and the associated low background RF. And regarding the guy taking off his Apple watch...I think that was primarily to affect telemetry from the drone back to him, not the other way around.