Thread: Ding ding! It's peri-menopause time!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ding ding! It's peri-menopause time!

Me .. who has been consistently frozen for decades is now - and has been - flushed for the past two weeks on/off. Face red and hot .. then normal cold and then back again. It's keeping me awake at night as I turn on my ceiling fan high, then shut it off. Hike up the covers, then throw them off.

I'm suspecting my bowels might be affected as well. And urine. It's like just before - that misery - before my period would start. Except, I had a hysterectomy in 2011.

If you have any experience or research you can point me to ... please feel free!

I remember a co-worker taking Evening Primrose Oil to avoid the side effects of menopause?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Me .. who has been consistently frozen for decades is now - and has been - flushed for the past two weeks on/off. Face red and hot .. then normal cold and then back again. It's keeping me awake at night as I turn on my ceiling fan high, then shut it off. Hike up the covers, then throw them off.

I'm suspecting my bowels might be affected as well. And urine. It's like just before - that misery - before my period would start. Except, I had a hysterectomy in 2011.

If you have any experience or research you can point me to ... please feel free!

I remember a co-worker taking Evening Primrose Oil to avoid the side effects of menopause?
    Been there, done that. I am older than you and have been challenged by menopause. I started in my forties and I am 58 now. I have not found any very good option for symptom relief. I finally went on bio-identical hormones and it changed my life. I know there were a lot of warnings about this option but more recent studies have shown a benefit to hormones if they are started early in menopause. I am a T5 para and have been so for 48 years. We are challenged enough not to have to tolerate the many symptoms of menopause. Some people do not suffer a great deal with these symptoms but I was overwhelmed and felt sick all of the time. Now I feel great and I plan on continuing the hormones. Quality of Life to me is worth any risk that these meds may impose. I wish you well.

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for and we are on the same wavelength ... I was wondering about going back on hormones. It's like reverse hellish puberty. Unpredictable and uncomfortable ... and annoying! lol Thanks.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for and we are on the same wavelength ... I was wondering about going back on hormones. It's like reverse hellish puberty. Unpredictable and uncomfortable ... and annoying! lol Thanks.
    You will not regret it. I take a lotion version of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. It is like night and day. I went from having hot flashes every couple of minutes to having none. I wish you well. Go for it!

I confess to being one of the lucky ones who got through all that without the hot flash issues. Been about 10 years since I got all that monthly nonsense finished up and don't miss it a bit!

I had a hysterectomy in 2011 but still have ovaries.

Wasn't sure how this would work but definitely have hot flashes. Then back to my cold, near frozen death state. Then whoosh hot!