Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: InVivo Update

  1. #11
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    1,889
    just wondering; does anyone have any idea when they plan to attempt their technology in chronics
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  2. #12
    Senior Member Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    just wondering; does anyone have any idea when they plan to attempt their technology in chronics
    speaking of the devil, I found this fresh release, similar to Manouli's post...

    3rd spinal cord injury patient with InVivo's Neuro-Spinal Scaffold improving: 5 key updates

    Written by Laura Dyrda | Monday, 06 July 2015 00:00

    InVivo Therapeutics reported one-month postoperative implant updates for the third patient who underwent surgery for spinal cord injury with the company's Neuro-Spinal Scaffold.
    Here are five quick updates:

    1. In the month between implantation and follow-up, the patient improved from a complete AIS A spinal cord injury to an incomplete AIS B spinal cord injury. Fewer than 4 percent of patients with high thoracic neurologic level of injury make this conversion in the first month.

    2. The patient regained sacral sensation and reported improved bladder function. The second patient treated showed improved sensory function with partial sensation present in five dermatome levels lower on the right side compared to the three month assessment.

    3. There weren't any reported serious adverse events associated with the implant.

    4. Dom Coric, MD, of Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Associates implanted both the second and third patients participating in the study trial. The second patient continues to make meaningful progress toward daily living at three months.

    5. To date, the Neuro-Spinal Scaffold has been implanted successfully in three consecutive patients without adverse events for either the scaffold or surgical procedure and the company plans to add two more patients to the pilot trial.

    "I am very encouraged with the third patient's neurologic recovery following successful implantation of the investigational Neuro-Spinal Scaffold," said William Bockenek, MD, chief medical officer of Carolinas Rehabilitation and co-leader of the study.


    LINK

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    just wondering; does anyone have any idea when they plan to attempt their technology in chronics
    I don't have any inside information but I sure like the fact that InVivo is in the same building as Wise Young now.

  4. #14
    Same thing I'm wondering. If this is proved to be safe and shows improvements in acute, why not try it in chronics as well?

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Same thing I'm wondering. If this is proved to be safe and shows improvements in acute, why not try it in chronics as well?
    My wild guess is that Invivo thinks we chronics are too stupid to cure. Why else would they not be testing us right now?
    Last edited by Nowhere Man; 07-07-2015 at 10:51 PM.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    My wild guess is that Invivo thinks we chronics are too stupid to cure. Why else would they not be testing us right now?
    really don't see what 'we stupid' has got to do with anything... just offensive. Do you have advanced knowledge from the inside to guess or assume them thinking 'that we're too stupid'? What's your remarks based on, really??
    Last edited by Moe; 07-07-2015 at 11:10 PM.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    really don't see what 'we stupid' has got to do with anything... just offensive. Do you have advanced knowledge from the inside to guess or assume them thinking 'that we're too stupid'? What's your remarks based on, really??

    It is a guess. It's based on what I have read on this board over the past 4 years.

    Why do you think they haven't tried their scaffold on chronics yet, and no trial planned? It boggles the mind.

  8. #18
    Senior Member khmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    358
    Why acutes and not chronics? In my opinion, they want the highest probability of early success. With acutes, the muscles and bones are still strong, the tissue below the level of injury still active, the brain still remembers how to move muscles, etc. So, if the bridge works, the patients make a rapid, dramatic recovery, which makes news and great publicity.

    Whereas with a chronic, they must fund months or years of physical therapy just to maybe have a patient walk with a walker. Hardly a breaking news story.

    If you want a therapy to be successful and made available to all, support the highest probability for early success.

    This may boggle some people's minds. So be it.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Why acutes and not chronics? In my opinion, they want the highest probability of early success. With acutes, the muscles and bones are still strong, the tissue below the level of injury still active, the brain still remembers how to move muscles, etc. So, if the bridge works, the patients make a rapid, dramatic recovery, which makes news and great publicity.

    Whereas with a chronic, they must fund months or years of physical therapy just to maybe have a patient walk with a walker. Hardly a breaking news story.

    If you want a therapy to be successful and made available to all, support the highest probability for early success.

    This may boggle some people's minds. So be it.
    Now this makes way allot more sense compared to that previous wild guess.

    Good point of view, most likely acutes get results faster, chances faster things get approved, money easier to raise and "us chronics" would most likely soon follow to have a taste of it too.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,184
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Why acutes and not chronics? In my opinion, they want the highest probability of early success. With acutes, the muscles and bones are still strong, the tissue below the level of injury still active, the brain still remembers how to move muscles, etc. So, if the bridge works, the patients make a rapid, dramatic recovery, which makes news and great publicity.

    Whereas with a chronic, they must fund months or years of physical therapy just to maybe have a patient walk with a walker. Hardly a breaking news story.

    If you want a therapy to be successful and made available to all, support the highest probability for early success.

    This may boggle some people's minds. So be it.
    Don't forget that many Acutes get spontaneous return with no therapy of any kind. If this happens with any of the patients then Invivo can use the "data" to mislead the whole community again. Intervention on Acutes is a BullShit game.

Similar Threads

  1. Layoffs at Invivo
    By ineedmyelin in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 06:25 AM
  2. Invivo on Fox news
    By ineedmyelin in forum Cure
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Invivo Theraputics
    By uAdapt in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 11:37 PM
  4. Any news on InVivo
    By Nicksdad in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
  5. about InVivo Therapeutics co.
    By manouli in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 12:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •