Thread: VISN Reaignment

VISN Reaignment

Did anyone read PN Magazine Editor's take on the realignment (reduction) in VISNs from 23 to 5? According to the map in the magazine, a Veteran with SCI/D living in Montana, the nearest VA SCI Center would be in Texas. Not all instances would be as drastic, but many Veterans may have to travel great distances to get to their newly assigned SCI Center.

I sent a letter to Editor Hoover asking PVA to be proactive on this issue. The change is to take place June 15.

I recommend SCI/D Veterans to notify their PVA service officer to get more information on this issue.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

VISN assignment does not currently dictate the SCI Center hub/spoke model. For example, AZ veterans in VISN 18 now are assigned to a SCI Hub center in VISN 22 (San Diego). In addition, Denver will have a SCI Center (hub) soon.

(Kld)

I cannot get rid of the thought that the VA in reducing the number of VISNs to discourage Veterans from using VAMCs. For those of us needing specialty care rhis would be very burdensome.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

The PN article is vague, is there more info about this "realignment" business available elsewhere? wazabiker or anyone?
    Last edited by quadvet; 05-19-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Best I can say is to get in touch with your PVA service officer. I am fortunate to live about 25 miles from my SCI Center in Augusta, Ga. This realignment is being touted as a cost saving measure. However, I do not see the VA laying off 18 current VISN directors and others to reduce overhead costs. So, where are the savings coming from?
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now