Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Spinergy Flexrims

  1. #1

    Spinergy Flexrims

    I have a 4 yr old pair and the rubber holding the push rim is starting to break down.
    Spinergy wants $100 per wheel to fix. I feel like they should do it for no cost.

    Has anyone had this problem?

  2. #2
    If you can get them to fix your hand rims free. I want you to come negotiate with my mechanic to fix the brakes on my car.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I have a 4 yr old pair and the rubber holding the push rim is starting to break down.
    Spinergy wants $100 per wheel to fix. I feel like they should do it for no cost.

    Has anyone had this problem?
    I'm siding with Spinergy on this one, but you should request a copy of their warranty to see exactly what your rights are. Four years seems like a long time to warranty any kind of wheel. The rubber lining is bound to degrade eventually, so I can't imagine that they would guarantee it in perpetuity.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    If you can get them to fix your hand rims free. I want you to come negotiate with my mechanic to fix the brakes on my car.
    Haa

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I'm siding with Spinergy on this one, but you should request a copy of their warranty to see exactly what your rights are. Four years seems like a long time to warranty any kind of wheel. The rubber lining is bound to degrade eventually, so I can't imagine that they would guarantee it in perpetuity.
    Yea, I guess you are right.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Was thinking of moving to a pair of these but read an old review from the UK ... same issue. Damn.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Was thinking of moving to a pair of these but read an old review from the UK ... same issue. Damn.
    I'm not sure that I would describe it as an "issue." It's rubber and it won't last forever, just like rubber tires (rear wheels and casters) wear down eventually. Some users may get way more than 4 years use before it degrades, depends on how hard you are on your gear.

  7. #7
    I wonder how they would or could fix them. 200 might get you a brand new set of wheels.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  8. #8
    Four years? Wow... I average one year max with those babies before I puncture the rubber or it comes loose.
    try fixing them yourself with sugru. It works very very good for me, and is the only material that actually stays on and provides the flexibility of the rubber.
    worth a try... Costs just a few bucks online.
    otherwise, you need to weight the 200 bucks versus the 800 that new wheels cost.
    If I lived in the U.S., trust me I would have had them fixed rather than replace them

    ps: there comes a time when the rubber is lose at so many places and there is so much sugru on the wheel that you have no choice but to replace...

  9. #9
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Can someone post a close-up pic of these? Are they worth it?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  10. #10
    Oh yes they are... No more dirty hands, no more pain in the wrist and thumb... For me, they are life changing.
    downside: not very good in the rain and on soft sand (but then again, which rims are?), tend to damage/dry up skin on thumb and outer palm, expensive...

    tried most other alternatives, incl the surge... The flex rims remain better wheels/rims

Similar Threads

  1. Can I buy just the Spinergy LXs?
    By WHEELAS416 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 11:20 PM
  2. Fixing spinergy flexrims... Finally a solution!
    By ckhouri in forum Equipment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 08:20 PM
  3. Flexrims: rubber detaching
    By ckhouri in forum Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
  4. Flexrims
    By maestro in forum Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 02:37 PM
  5. spinergy lx 25
    By jbinny in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •