Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Duette catheter

Duette catheter

Anyone use them? Pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Anyone use them? Pros and cons.
    I am interested in trying these and would love to hear from any other users as well!

I've had one in for a week and everything is going good (knock on wood). We will see how it goes.

A member named "Squick" posted this thread about her husband's use of Duette catheters.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...s-prevent-UTIs

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    I've had one in for a week and everything is going good (knock on wood). We will see how it goes.
    How did you get yours? I've tried calling the company several times and only get a voicemail message. I left my contact info yesterday, but haven't heard back from them yet so I also filled out the form online. I am at my wits end with my regular foley clogging multiple times a day with mucus.

Quote Originally Posted by retto76 View Post
    How did you get yours? I've tried calling the company several times and only get a voicemail message. I left my contact info yesterday, but haven't heard back from them yet so I also filled out the form online. I am at my wits end with my regular foley clogging multiple times a day with mucus.
    I sent an email and they sent me some samples.

It has been about 4 months since I have been using them. It took me less than a week to experience a very noticeable decrease in bladder spasms. My nurse noticed a big decrease in the amount of crud in my tubing over the course of the first month. I have a SP and this is the first time since 1985 I have used an all silicon catheter. My SP was done a year ago last December after an drastic increase in horrendous uti's. Can you believe I had more uti's in the last year with the standard indwelling foley than all the previous years put together? I always had used the softest catheters I could find to reduce irritation, was radical about drinking enough to keep my system flushed out and hygiene was a must. Then the factory that made the nice soft catheters closed and I was not able to find anything similar and started having problems soon after.

The only thing we are noticing when we change the new catheters is we do get a bit of blood in the tubing and it ls like there is a slight adhesion inside the bladder as we pull the old one out. In 2 days the blood is gone again and I am problem free.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    It has been about 4 months since I have been using them. It took me less than a week to experience a very noticeable decrease in bladder spasms. My nurse noticed a big decrease in the amount of crud in my tubing over the course of the first month. I have a SP and this is the first time since 1985 I have used an all silicon catheter. My SP was done a year ago last December after an drastic increase in horrendous uti's. Can you believe I had more uti's in the last year with the standard indwelling foley than all the previous years put together? I always had used the softest catheters I could find to reduce irritation, was radical about drinking enough to keep my system flushed out and hygiene was a must. Then the factory that made the nice soft catheters closed and I was not able to find anything similar and started having problems soon after.

The only thing we are noticing when we change the new catheters is we do get a bit of blood in the tubing and it ls like there is a slight adhesion inside the bladder as we pull the old one out. In 2 days the blood is gone again and I am problem free.
    Thanks so much for that detailed feedback! With it being a holiday weekend, I haven't heard anything back from the company yet. I hope to hear from them tomorrow, as this clogging issue is incredibly frustrating. I'd love to give their caths a try.

Rebecca

I have heard of them but we don't use.
    CWO

Had I known how much better I feel and had been able to see the damage to the wall in my bladder during the cystoscope I wold have gone with the SP and the Duette catheter way sooner. During the worst year in my history with foleys pieces of the inside of my bladder lining that had been destroyed were coming through the tubing if not blocking the eyes on the inside and causing bladder spasms with the resulting wet pants was my bladder tried on its own to push out the blockage in the catheter eyes. I was seeing near constant mucus, blood, strings of mucus I discovered were part of my damaged bladder lining, not to mention the hungs and strings of blood. I went 27 years with no issues but when they hit the hit big time. Now the only time I see crud is when I did not hydrate sufficiently or the cath is due to be changed. They are worth trying and the VA needs to look into them as a viable alternative.
    t