Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Reeve Foundation?

Of course admin

Wow, I guess it comes down to the same old thing, a lot of people are getting rich from there not being a Cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Maybe a bargain compared to the Rick Hansen annual salary estimate of over $400,000. by the Vancouver Sun Newspaper...
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    If the Reeve Foundation needs 5 years and $15 million, maybe they should cut back on "Public Education" & "Quality of Life" program expenses, totaling over 5.5 million per year. One would think recovered b/b/s (I don't believe it yet for any complete injury) would be the priority. Of the 5 million they spend on "Research", I wonder what percentage of that is solely Acute SCI research (neuroprotection). As a chronic SCI, the Reeve Foundation is not the foundation to donate to, even with earmarks.

Plus that whole using Eric LeGrand as a marketing tool for their NeuroRecovery Network was just wrong in my opinion. He had no gains and they fed bs into his head that he was making such great strides. Unfair.
    Assuming CDRF is led by smart people, I wonder what could be the rational reason/s for what they are doing? For sure there are many variables to ponder, maybe for a start we should simply follow the money form a 5 & 10 years plan perspective
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Maybe a bargain compared to the Rick Hansen annual salary estimate of over $400,000. by the Vancouver Sun Newspaper...
    Wow! The people in charge do not benefit in anyway by restorative therapies.
    Last edited by Chaz19; 05-23-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: No need other than a redundant thought.

All that income but Rick Hansen's still stuck on a chair like most of us here... if he'd been aware of any curative therapy with all that dough, he'd been gone in a flash. I haven't heard of him flying to panama or anything like that...?
    Last edited by Moe; 05-23-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    All that income but Rick Hansen's still stuck on a chair like most of us here... if he'd been aware of any curative therapy with all that dough, he'd been gone in a flash. I haven't heard of him flying to panama or anything like that...?
    Not necessarily. Cognitive dissonance.

I wonder, with the new protocols, if Reeve Foundation will be studying bone density with the epi stim as well?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

well Curt, the Big Idea was drawing thousands of inquiries per week A same day reply would have been ideal but not practical. I am glad that you got to speak with Peter. I hope he answered all of your questions.
    The 36 for 36 in the Big Idea is dedicated money for individuals to participate. Reeve is funding 36 people for Harkama. This is dedicated funds. I guess people dont realize how expensive studies are per person. When Acorda wanted to keep test subjects on 4AP until it was FDA approved, the costs were millions so they had to stop funding clinical participants. Way to many assumptions made.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Participation is dependent on current bone density. You cant risk fracturing a bone that has lost too much density
    Every day I wake up is a good one

It is very involved I know, just very frustrating. Something that seems so good not helping hardly any people for such a long period of time. Before I know it I'll be 60 and even if something good does come along it's not going to help me much after 36 years of SCI.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred