Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Reeve Foundation?

Reeve Foundation?

How do you all feel the Reeve Foundation is doing in raising and allocating funding? Looks like they are really supporting Epidural Stimulation which I like, they have a lot of good interview videos on their website I had not seen. I'm thinking about getting involved with that foundation. http://www.reevebigidea.org/
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Here's a good video on the four guys who had the Epidural Stimulator done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp8wFYu4l4w It's been 5 years now since the first transplant was done (2010) I'm surprised we are not hearing more about this? I do believe at this point from all the evidence I've seen that it could help out, but when?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

From what I understand Curt, more testing needs to be done (36 for $36 compaign) and they need to find a way to market this .. i.e. make money. Sad but true. Take a tour and tell us all about it! I miss people doing that.

From facebook, I know there are many that work with the Reeve Foundation - cheesecake, Kristi ... many who won't come here anymore, unfortunately.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I think I will try to arrange going there, it's about a 4 hour drive from where I live, so not too far. I'll start a new thread if I do so. It would be interesting to meet with them there. One thing I understand that the Epidural stim would help out with is whenever my bladder is full my blood pressure spikes when I void, it should get rid of that from what I've read, maybe with the Stimulator I'd be able to void voluntarily too and might get back some leg movement, I'm slowly becoming a believer in all this, at first I was very skeptical. The results are not huge, but it's better than nothing.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

That would be great!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Something doesn't seem right. This is so good, funding should be no issue for them to obtain.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I don't really understand it either, that's why I want to go right down there. I will give a report what I find. I was very skeptical of all this at first but I have become more of a believer in it with the research I've done so far. I dunno why there is not more excitement about it, I guess everybody is just tired of waiting and figures it will never help them. It would be so great if I could get this done and have it help me and report back good findings, everybody knows me, this would make more people have more faith that there is something out there that could help them out.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Blog Entries
    If this was even minutely successful don't you think Wise would have been all over it?

You may want to stop in at W2W this year and talk to Courtine also since you missed Reggie and Nick in Seattle last year. Courtine will be coming to the USA from Switzerland at Bethesda Maryland for a presentation on the European model of the neuroprosthetic that is being developed that not only does the epidural stimulation but dispenses the agonist drugs along with it. You've probably seen the super pliable pictures of it being shown that are going to be marketed in Europe. Courtine is one of the confirmed speakers on the roster here.

Blog Entries
    It would be so great if I could get this done and have it help me and report back good findings, everybody knows me, this would make more people have more faith that there is something out there that could help them out.[/QUOTE]

Well if you friended me then you can claim I know you too.