Thread: Trivek

Trivek

How about this trike with an electric hub in front? Watch the video. Looks cool! http://www.hiele.co/trivek
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMHLk6Duzuo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Watched the video and thought the scenery looked familiar...it's filmed in Perth, Western Australia!
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Didn't they develop the tadpole type trike because this type is too tippy dangerous? The lean steer should help, but it's got a high center of gravity and it looks to have a narrow rear wheel set. It's probably fine as designed, but I would not want to take a chance with powering it up with a hub motor.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Alan page CEO hiele tricycle company

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Didn't they develop the tadpole type trike because this type is too tippy dangerous? The lean steer should help, but it's got a high center of gravity and it looks to have a narrow rear wheel set. It's probably fine as designed, but I would not want to take a chance with powering it up with a hub motor.
    There are a few similar looking machines to ours. They either have steering linked to the lean or rear wheel steering or the lean pivot oriented for center
    steering. [See the culty or Flevobike as examples]. All of these types have serious flaws of one kind or another. We have eliminated these problems in

our radical new design. Because of the damping and other reasons the ride is smooth and predictable. I can lean it right over and go through bends at high

speeds in complete confidence even with traffic around. Just like a bicycle . In fact, I feel safer on that than an ordinary bicycle. Why? Two reasons; I have
    three wheels on the ground instead of two and my center of gravity is lower. If you don't believe me go to youtube type in trivek alan page and see young Jayden
    doing his tricks on the trivek. In my two years of riding it not once have I lifted any of the wheels off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by alan page8 View Post

...In my two years of riding it not once have I lifted any of the wheels off the ground.
    Here you go up on two wheels...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89ZgvFfgPU
    I said it was probably safe as designed and I do like it as such. But I would not be the first one to put a motor on it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

It was remiss of me not to thank you for your supportive comments I appreciate your support sir. We are developing a front wheel motor now.
    Because of the rock solid stability of the trike at speed it should be at least as stable as a normal electric bicycle is given its ability to corner at
    speed like a bicycle

Hello to you Sir ,
    Come visit us at Quantum bicycle manufacturers in north Perth if you like. Ring first though and we can show you
    the trike in the flesh. I can bring it in to the workshop.

Thanks PeteShick for the positive feedback. We are actually developing an electric motor for it
    that will go in the front hub.