Thread: tickets

tickets

I am unable to get any wheelchair accessible tickets to concerts/sporting events, and was wondering if anyone bought regular ones and still got in. But maybe perhaps got relocated somewhere else. I contacted the facility by e-mail and they told me to call them. A simple yes or no would've been okay. I don't like making phone calls in fear of getting angry and arguing over the phone. Just curious to know when I do call them.

We go to many many concerts every year and what I do is call the venue days ahead of the date that the tickets are scheduled to go on sale,and ask if there is a special number for wheelchair accessible tickets and 9 times out of 10 there is.I get my tickets 99% of the time like this.

Air ohs is right. Call the venue's sales office, stay calm and ask to speak with someone in guest services or, type the name of your venue into a search engine, and add the words "accessible seating".

For example, if I'm looking up Ticketmaster accessible seating, I get: http://help.ticketmaster.com/request...ating-tickets/

Do the same with your sports arenas. If you're taking someone able bodied with you, ask for a wheelchair space ticket and a companion/attendant seat ticket next to yours.

You have to keep a sense of humor though. A local, older theatre had us wait with the ushers until everyone else was seated and then had my husband roll into the space at the very tippy top of the stairs. They made sure he locked his brakes and came back a few minutes before intermission to remind him to move. I sat in the last row isle seat next to him. An older music venue had the wheelchair spaces in the first row right in front of the massive amplifiers. We had some temporary hearing problems afterwards but it was still good to get out of the house.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 05-10-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Here you go. TICKETMASTER NATIONAL ACCESSIBLE SEATING phone # 1 855 682 6736.

so I called the venue and they basically said wherever you purchase your tickets that they would try to place me somewhere similar that is wheelchair accessible. So I got some so hopefully it'll be okay.

Great news.
    Show up a bit early and don't hesitate to ask for assistance if you need it when you're there.

Just got comfirmation on a pair of EAGLES tickets at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit . Also got U2 tickets at AIR CANADA CENTER in Toronto,And FOO FIGHTER tickets at the DTE in Clarkson Michigan. All these were purchased using the aforementioned system above.