Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightest collisible wheelchair

Lightest collisible wheelchair

I have incomplete paraplegia and my current folding TiLite wheelchair is due for replacement. At 14 kgs (30 lbs) it is getting a little heavy to lift it out and back into the boot (trunk). While I am able to move around the car using elbow crutches, can anyone please suggest the best and lightest folding wheelchair to replace it? I live in Australia but can arrange purchase in the US or UK.
    Many thanks.

I have never used one of these but I have good experience with other RGK chairs and with after sales service:

http://demo.rgklife.com/en/tiga-fx

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    Thos are some nice looking chairs!

Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

That RGK folding chair looks really nice.
    Europe and Canada have cool stuff.
    Is there a RGK distributor in the US?

You can find USA and Canada distributors for the RGK chair here: http://www.49bespoke.com/dealers.html

(KLD)

I use a Quickie Xenon… Super light and built pretty solid. Not as stiff as a rigid frame chair but pretty close… Throw it into my Stingray really easily. I think they are available in Australia. I bought mine in the UK because they aren't available in the US.

I've been waiting for the new TiLite TX2 since they announced it several months ago but no word since. It should be pretty light as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BriRi View Post

I've been waiting for the new TiLite TX2 since they announced it several months ago but no word since. It should be pretty light as well.
    Where did you see info on this? What is new about it compared to the TX? Thanks
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-MN View Post
    Where did you see info on this? What is new about it compared to the TX? Thanks
    TiLite Email on Feb 23, 2015 had a whole page devoted to the TX Series 2… Said it would be at ISS and how it was revolutionary… Teaser pic showed what appears to be a TR style frame with mini cross brace, similar to the Xenon… I immediately emailed for more info and even tried to call them.. I've checked their website every 3-4 days since…. In keeping with their reputation for "customer service" I have heard Zilch since… Hopefully it is real and will be out soon.
    Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 594
Size:  62.5 KB
    Last edited by BriRi; 05-28-2015 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling

I saw the TX2 on Seating Dynamic's stand at an expo in Sydney. Looks cool and might tick some boxes for me. There's a post on their Facebook page about it https://www.facebook.com/SeatingDyna...92468287479377