Thread: Guide to Receive Insurance Funding for a Power Assist Wheelchair

Guide to Receive Insurance Funding for a Power Assist Wheelchair

Unfortunately, the steps that follow your wheelchair decision can often seem even more overwhelming than those preceding it. The U.S. insurance funding approval process is undoubtedly one of the biggest obstacles to purchasing a chair and can leave you wondering where to even start.

To help you gather the required documentation to get your wheelchair paid for by insurance, we've created a comprehensive step-by-step guide. Don't let the process overwhelm you - the most important thing is that you get the wheelchair that is the best fit for you and your quality of life.

http://www.clintonrivermedical.com/b...ist-wheelchair

Last edited by tailwind power assist; 05-08-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks for the info! I am trying to get power assist wheels for my Quickie 2HP wheelchair, rather than getting a power wheelchair.

Thank you bubbagump! While the guide is best served for the Tailwind power assist wheelchair, you will likely find it very useful for any power assist product that utilizes the E0986 HCPCS reimbursement code. Additionally, if any of this insurance terminology seems too complex, I would highly recommend reading through our more recent article. It explains some of the most common terms that come up when submitting through insurance. If there is anything else that you have seen/heard and would like clarified, please don't hesitate to ask!

http://www.clintonrivermedical.com/b...ist-wheelchair