Thread: Monarch A1 Hand Controls HELP!

Monarch A1 Hand Controls HELP!

I have these installed in my van and they are too low to my lap. Anyone know how to make an adjustment to raise the hand grip up toward the roof of the vehicle? I just want to rotate the lever with the grip on it up toward the sky. There must be a stop that can be adjusted, it would be much more comfortable for me to drive.

Photos would really help out.

Thanks
    ^^(A)^^

Blog Entries
    There should be a length adjustment on the rod that goes down to the gas pedal. Usually a threaded portion with a nut and lock nut that goes down into the rod and near the rotate mechanism on the main controls. You need to loosen both nuts and then adjust the length of the rod by having more of the threaded portion showing.

If you can't visualize this, take a couple of photos of your system. I can mark it up with where to loosen and which way to turn the nuts.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 25 years post injury

This is what you are looking for. Loosen that allen head bolt and you can rotate the lever where you want it and retighten. Make sure you have full brake because you are also raising the brake rod closer to the dash. You can also adjust how far in or out toward you the main hand control rod is from you with the same bolt.

What pattherat said. The allen head bolt will probably be tight, after your adjustment, you will want to get it TIGHT again. Get a allen wrench that has a long arm so you can get some leverage. I forget the size (I can find out if needed), but it is standard, not metric. Getting at the bolt while the controls are mounted should not be a problem. Feel around with your fingers (right hand) and you should be able to find it. I am able to reach mine while sitting in the drivers seat, though that may not always be the case.
    Last edited by Joe-MN; 05-08-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thank you all for your input I thought it was the allen head screw that set the stop. Pattherat thank you for the photo that helped a lot and thank you Joe-MN for the confirmation. I assume I will also maybe have to lengthen the brake rod a little as Donno suggested. Once the adjustment is made I see how very important it is to get that screw very tight again (Jesus Nut) holds it all together.
    ^^(A)^^

Thank you all again we made the adjustment and it worked perfect. >)
    ^^(A)^^