Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magnetic Stimulation

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    It does seem "out there" but hey SCI's are "out there" in my opinion. Id give this a try if it was in a city near me.
    What's stopping you? Certainly a trip is worth the shot of recovering bbs. You got nothing to lose

Is this for chronics or acutes?

Did not hear back, at least not yet.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Is this for chronics or acutes?
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...injury&rank=84

"The short-term objective is to prove that magneto stimulation is an intervention that reverses the signs and symptoms of Spinal Cord injury in an early and moderate State"

It probably depends on what one would consider early and moderate, but I doubt you fall in the "early" (acute) part of the category and maybe moderate means (incomplete) Jawaid...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 05-07-2015 at 10:58 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Did not hear back, at least not yet.
    Same

perhaps this might offer some additional information about what is happening by exposing cells to EMFs. this stuff might seem like science fiction, but the results are real.

Electromagnetic Fields Mediate Efficient Cell Reprogramming into a Pluripotent State

Abstract:
    Life on Earth is constantly exposed to natural electromagnetic fields (EMFs), and it is generally accepted that EMFs may exert a variety of effects on biological systems. Particularly, extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields (EL-EMFs) affect biological processes such as cell development and differentiation; however, the fundamental mechanisms by which EMFs influence these processes remain unclear. Here we show that EMF exposure induces epigenetic changes that promote efficient somatic cell reprogramming to pluripotency. These epigenetic changes resulted from EMF-induced activation of the histone lysine methyltransferase Mll2. Remarkably, an EMF-free system that eliminates Earth’s naturally occurring magnetic field abrogates these epigenetic changes, resulting in a failure to undergo reprogramming. Therefore, our results reveal that EMF directly regulates dynamic epigenetic changes through Mll2, providing an efficient tool for epigenetic reprogramming including the acquisition of pluripotency.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nn502923s

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    What's stopping you? Certainly a trip is worth the shot of recovering bbs. You got nothing to lose
    sounds like you would have to stay for a long period of time. If they were paying for the living expenses sure. But cant afford to keep my place and have another place in another state for 6 months to a year.

Are There private clinics that offer this kind of therapy? Six shooter you mentioned that your son went in it and that The magnet can actually control the movement of stem cells? How did you come to the conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Dear Satoshi
    Sorry about the delay in response but I was looking up information on FMS in regards to spinal cord injury

Here are two websites regarding studies on FMS and SCI

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12048659

http://www.sci-therapies.info/FMS.htm

I conferred with my SCI attending physician and she states that FMS is primarily in the research stage at this time. Dr Vernon Lin who is mentioned in the articles above has conducted a large number of the studies on this therapy. At this time it doesn't appear to be a financial and practical form of therapy.

pbr

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post

Regarding PEMF and TMS, I am skeptical that these will have any beneficial effects on spinal cord injury at any level. While we have no truly effective therapies for these injuries, I believe that there will be therapies in the coming years. We are committing to this research area.

Wise.
    From previous threads...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Are There private clinics that offer this kind of therapy? Six shooter you mentioned that your son went in it and that The magnet can actually control the movement of stem cells? How did you come to the conclusion
    Would you agree that stem cells are in the blood stream? If yes, then it would seem logical that they would migrate toward the magnetic strength. Don't know how else to explain healing and observed return of some function. Saw facial skin return back to normal in 4 days after facial skin peel. Got rid of my tennis elbow in 10 hours and rotocuf shoulder in 30 hours. Previously hurt so bad I could not sleep or lift a cup of coffee!