Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Stimulation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Magnetic Stimulation

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...injury&rank=84

Spinal magnetic stimulator, looks like they are looking at BBS function. Hope it goes well.

Dr Garis Silega: LINK

LINK
    Sponsor:
    American Society Of Thermalism And Climatology Inc
    Information provided by (Responsible Party):
    American Society Of Thermalism And Climatology Inc
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 05-05-2015 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Wow, I dunno, I just did some reading up on all this and it sounds out there. I have always believed though that Magnets arranged in the proper sequence could aid in spinal healing, when I was first injured I taped a magnet over my place of my injury on my back in hopes it would induce some kind of regeneration, I really don't know if I just believe this because I want to believe there is something that could help us or if it has any medical curative benefits. I just shot an email off to Dr. Silega. I would like to discuss this with him and if the apparatus sounds encouraging enough volunteer to test it out in the clinical trials.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Wow, I dunno, I just did some reading up on all this and it sounds out there. I have always believed though that Magnets arranged in the proper sequence could aid in spinal healing, when I was first injured I taped a magnet over my place of my injury on my back in hopes it would induce some kind of regeneration, I really don't know if I just believe this because I want to believe there is something that could help us or if it has any medical curative benefits. I just shot an email off to Dr. Silega. I would like to discuss this with him and if the apparatus sounds encouraging enough volunteer to test it out in the clinical trials.
    I emailed him as well to see if there's been any success, let me know if he gets back to you..

I found this not too long ago myself, and it just feels fishy to me. Granted I didn't investigate too much, but he's offering to do this "clinical trial" in a spa. I'm also not sure what the American Society of Thermalism and Climatology (climatology? Really?) is doing sponsoring a study like this.

I know Victor Arvanian has been doing more basic research on electromagnetic stimulation of the injured spinal cord, though I believe the primary outcome measure he's looked at so far is locomotion.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    I found this not too long ago myself, and it just feels fishy to me. Granted I didn't investigate too much, but he's offering to do this "clinical trial" in a spa. I'm also not sure what the American Society of Thermalism and Climatology (climatology? Really?) is doing sponsoring a study like this.
    Bylaws of the American Society of Thermalism and Climatology... LINK

The listing of trials: LINK
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 05-06-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

It does seem "out there" but hey SCI's are "out there" in my opinion. Id give this a try if it was in a city near me.

Blog Entries
    6shooter was pushing this a while ago. I believe his son has spent an eon laying in a magnetic stimulator. I believe it didn't help at all.

Not true. It did help some, mostly close to the time of injury at 5 months post. We did see some return of function and increases in feelings in the trunk and parts of legs.

The best use of this devise would be within a day or two of injury to eliminate the swelling and related necrosis over the next few months. The other advantage, IMHO, would be that the magnetic field seems to cause stem cells to migrate to the area of the beam where they begin to repair/replace damaged cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    It does seem "out there" but hey SCI's are "out there" in my opinion. Id give this a try if it was in a city near me.
    What's stopping you? Certainly a trip is worth the shot of recovering bbs. You got nothing to lose