Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heading to the Stem Cell Institute in Panama

Me too keep us posted!

Hey buddy all I can say is I wish you the best - I am a little worried for you. I hope you find the best advice regarding the therapy, and that you're confident you're well informed.

Thank you so much everyone!! I wanted to post on here for you all to see because it was VERY hard for me to find information about where is a good place to go to for stem cells and how effective they are. After much digging I was able to track down a few people who went and had positive results! I am hoping that by documenting my entire trip and day by day experience and improvements, hopefully it may encourage others do this as well

I hope to hear positive results from you. Maybe if anything they can help with your central pain if you have any.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I hope to hear positive results from you. Maybe if anything they can help with your central pain if you have any.
    Yes even just getting rid of the pain would be a huge help! Cool to see that we both live in Phoenix haha

Josh, will you be getting an ASIA exam from a doctor or PT before you go? Also, have you tried a high dose (2-4 hours/day, 3-5 days/week) of intensive PT/activity-based exercise before? Or will Panama be your first time doing anything outside of standard medical treatment?

It seems important to me to have a complete AIS as tomsonite suggests so you have a real baseline. Please do report back. There have been several who did not report back on their various therapies. I holds great value for others here to hear from you.

Has anyone gone to this place and actually had functional returns? As in motor, sensory and/ or BBS function.

Would love to hear Dr Youngs comments to this person.

No update from the guy who's brother went- http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...tute-in-Panama

His blog hasn't been updated since 2012- http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...tute-in-Panama

This is a research paper written by Rebecca Johnston, Daniel's sister. She recently graduated from a Physical Therapy degree program, and wrote her Capstone paper about Daniel's stem cell therapy treatment in Panama. Daniel is presented anonymously in the paper, but Rebecca and Daniel have given their permission for this paper to be shared. Daniel's ASIA scores (pre and post treatment) are in the appendix of this paper.- http://danielleonard.weebly.com/1/po...l-therapy.html

Haven't had a chance to read yet.