Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Heading to the Stem Cell Institute in Panama

Heading to the Stem Cell Institute in Panama

Hi everyone! I will be traveling to Panama on June 14th to receive a stem cell treatment for my spinal cord injury and have created a blog which I will be documenting each day with my experience and results! I know many of you may be interested or hesitant about the treatment so I thought it would be a great idea to share my experience with you all!

You can follow my blog here: joshsrecovery.blogspot.com

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

- Josh

Are these your own HLA matched ones?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Good luck.

I would be interested to know the specifics of the procedure.

"specifics of the procedure"
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Here are the specifics of the procedure: https://www.cellmedicine.com/stem-ce...l-cord-injury/

Basically I will be there for a month having the injections of the stem cells into my spine as well as through IV. They also provide physical therapy

The adult stem cells used to treat spinal cord injuries at the Stem Cell Institute come from two sources: the patient?s own bone marrow (autologous mesenchymal and CD34+) and human umbilical cord tissue(allogeneic mesenchymal).

A licensed anesthesiologist harvests bone marrow from both hips under light general anesthesia in a hospital operating room. This procedure takes about 1 1/2 ? 2 hours. Before they are administered to the patient, these bone marrow-derived stem cells must pass testing for quality, bacterial contamination (aerobic and anaerobic) and endotoxin.

All donated umbilical cords are screened for viruses and bacteria to International Blood Bank Standards.

Only about 1 in 10 donated umbilical cords pass our rigorous screening process.

Well, good luck.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Sounds exiting! Good luck bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh017 View Post
    Hi everyone! I will be traveling to Panama on June 14th to receive a stem cell treatment for my spinal cord injury and have created a blog which I will be documenting each day with my experience and results! I know many of you may be interested or hesitant about the treatment so I thought it would be a great idea to share my experience with you all!

- Josh

My friend has been there (twice) but I didn't hear about it much just seen the results. Good luck and thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh017 View Post

- Josh
    I have spoken to several people who went for treatments there. One lady from California with a SCI and another police officer from Texas with MS both had very positive experiences. There is also a kid from the USA being treated for Muscular Dystrophy there, I believe he got an approval from the FDA to have the treatments in his home town to save the family traveling expenses, his name is Ryan Benton, he did an interview and he's doing a lot better. Best of luck Josh, I'm interested in hearing how you do!!!