Thread: help with california housing please

Talking help with california housing please

hi, my names jesse and im 25,c5c6, living in californa for 1-2 months at a fam house. i cn t stay longer , but i fell in love with this state. im currently in santa monica, im lookong for accessible housing, ie roll in shower or a good alternative. pricing is a wide range but cheaper is better.
    please give your input,any will help
    thank you
    jesse

You are in one of the more expensive housing markets in the country. I would recommend that you consider moving further east to the San Gabriel Valley or even the Riverside area to find cheaper housing, or north toward Canyon Country.

That being said, rental housing with a roll-in shower is extremely rare in So CA, even in new units. You will probably do better to find a place that has wide enough doorways for you (including the bathroom), and no stairs for access, and then looking into a shower or tub slider system such as the ones that Nuprodx or GoAnywhere have. They are not cheap, but can be used in a regular tub or even stall shower.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by jkane View Post
    hi, my names jesse and im 25,c5c6, living in californa for 1-2 months at a fam house. i cn t stay longer , but i fell in love with this state. im currently in santa monica, im lookong for accessible housing, ie roll in shower or a good alternative. pricing is a wide range but cheaper is better.
    please give your input,any will help
    thank you
    jesse
    Inland is hotter than where you are now. If I were you, I would at least call a few R/E agents in the Huntington Beach, Long Beach area and see what is available that might suit you. Closer to the ocean is desirable, hence the higher rent, however you might find something in one of the southern cities if you look.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.