Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Invivo scaffolding implant (first patient) showing early results!

Honestly this is huge, it's hard for us to realize; rightfully so. But if this just becomes standard procedure for acute spinal cord injuries; this world just got a little bit better, no one will have to face what we have, I'm sure most high cervical complete injuries can at least be thankful for our fellow man they won't have to experience The horror that is dependency after one accident; with treatments like this it's likely they'll keep their independence,Control over their own life, sensation and their dignity! Coping with the loss of 90% of your body, And expecting to be cared for the remainder of your life ( a truly disturbing notion in my eyes ) in time will become nothing more then an act of desperation in primitive medical times. This truly makes me happy... But I cannot help but want to rid myself of this entrapment...

You are absolutely right. There are other methods that might be combined and they all look promising. All the scientists that I follow always say a combination of few things depending on each injury. Dr Silver's peptide is going to clinical trials soon (I hope). Dr. Silver shows on his video from Unite to Fight Paralysis in 2015 that his approach combination with Gregoire Courtine in Switzerland and another scientist Elizabeth Bradbury whom Dr. Silver says has the world's greatest chondroitinase, will all be combine to find out for the best possible outcome. They are all collaborating. The collaborating among scientist makes me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Honestly this is huge, it's hard for us to realize; rightfully so. But if this just becomes standard procedure for acute spinal cord injuries; this world just got a little bit better, no one will have to face what we have, I'm sure most high cervical complete injuries can at least be thankful for our fellow man they won't have to experience The horror that is dependency after one accident; with treatments like this it's likely they'll keep their independence,Control over their own life, sensation and their dignity! Coping with the loss of 90% of your body, And expecting to be cared for the remainder of your life ( a truly disturbing notion in my eyes ) in time will become nothing more then an act of desperation in primitive medical times. This truly makes me happy... But I cannot help but want to rid myself of this entrapment...

I'm guessing that most surgeons will not exactly be lining up to attempt a scaffold anywhere around or above C3-C4. That's some daunting sh*t. None of the current trials are recruiting high injuries.
    Last edited by Scaper1; 04-09-2016 at 06:04 PM.

I think cervical will be after as it is more complicated. Grammy wrote a few days ago that InVivo plans to do cervical in 2016. The below is what she wrote:

InVivo Therapeutics: Taking On Spinal-Cord Injury

LINK: Publication Source: Life Science Leader

Patients with thoracic injuries have been in the clinical trial. The company plans to initiate a second study with the Neuro-Spinal Scaffold in mid-2016, this time treating acute cervical SCIs in expanded populations — and again using the HDE path. It may also take the premarket approval (PMA) route for further expansion and acceleration of the scaffold program. A trial designed for PMA approval would allow the company to test the scaffold in all acute SCI patients, even those with incomplete injuries, and it could put the product on the FDA’s Expedited Access Pathway (EAP) for devices, similar to the Breakthrough Therapy Designation on the drug side. With EAP, the FDA could grant a PMA for the device based on a two-phase study — one that meets certain criteria before approval and delivers confirmatory data post-approval.

yeah he's in the 10%. Natural recovery. Everyone knows there's no cure for spinal injury...maybe in 100 years.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    You are absolutely right. There are other methods that might be combined and they all look promising. All the scientists that I follow always say a combination of few things depending on each injury. Dr Silver's peptide is going to clinical trials soon (I hope). Dr. Silver shows on his video from Unite to Fight Paralysis in 2015 that his approach combination with Gregoire Courtine in Switzerland and another scientist Elizabeth Bradbury whom Dr. Silver says has the world's greatest chondroitinase, will all be combine to find out for the best possible outcome. They are all collaborating. The collaborating among scientist makes me very happy.

That was undoubtedly lead to some pretty big recovery recovery, epidural stimulation with neurotrophicwould probably greatly enhance the recovery we already know is possible from the epidural stimulator alone. add in Chase to get rid of the glial start first add the peptide to help resprout axons,that would be amazing. I would like to see New World laboratories autologous neural stem cellsadded into the mix after chase , Then use the epidural stimulator with the neurotrophic factor's during the very intensive probably year-long rehabilitation to induce regeneration and rewire the body I think as long as the body is still somewhat healthy despite the paralysis ro during the very intensive probably year-long rehabilitation to induce regeneration and rewire the body I think as long as the body is still somewhat healthy despite the paralysis rot you'd almost be good as new to the untrained that's pure speculation but there's some amazing technology going on

That was undoubtedly lead to some pretty big recovery recovery, epidural stimulation with neurotrophicwould probably greatly enhance the recovery we already know is possible from the epidural stimulator alone. add in Chase to get rid of the glial start first add the peptide to help resprout axons,that would be amazing. I would like to see New World laboratories autologous neural stem cellsadded into the mix after chase , Then use the epidural stimulator with the neurotrophic factor's during the very intensive probably year-long rehabilitation to induce regeneration and rewire the body I think as long as the body is still somewhat healthy despite the paralysis ro during the very intensive probably year-long rehabilitation to induce regeneration and rewire the body I think as long as the body is still somewhat healthy despite the paralysis rot you'd almost be good as new to the untrained that's pure speculation but there's some amazing technology going on
    When I read or watch some of the scientists' works I get excited because like you said many things going on in different laboratories. There are human trials going on with different kinds of stem cells (by Stem Cells Inc and InVivo and others). However science is slow. Dr. Wise said that during the AIDS epidemic there were thousands of labs around the country. They have controlled the HIV virus and if people take their pills rest of their lives, they live a healthy life. I wish there were thousands of labs around the country working on SCI since SCI has been around forever. We only have dedicated scientists working on SCI and they have come a long way with the resources they have.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted View Post
    yeah he's in the 10%. Natural recovery. Everyone knows there's no cure for spinal injury...maybe in 100 years.
    Fortunately there have been more than one patient that shown improvements, and these are supposed to be very traumatic severe injuries,before they are accepted into the trial

Fortunately there have been more than one patient that shown improvements, and these are supposed to be very traumatic severe injuries,before they are accepted into the trial
    What??!!!! Are you saying that my doctors...my inpatient rehab "psychologist"...my PTs...are all full of SHIT? How can that BE!?

What do all those people tell you? I didn't see where you explained that part.

As far as I know there are a total of six participants in the study and they now have approval for a total of 20 from the FDA. Of the six so far, one is new, four have made significant motor gains while the remaining one has made significant sensory gains. All are acute traumatic and the study has any accepted super recent (Hours) injuries.

The difficulty here is that there's no way to know what these patients would have recovered without the scaffolds.