Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Invivo scaffolding implant (first patient) showing early results!

A return of anal response does not indicatea return of bowell function. That is dependent of the amount of nerve sparing. Even an AIS C doesn't always return the bowell function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Today's press release from Invivo states that a fourth patient (out of six) has converted from an AIS A complete to an AIS B incomplete.
    They do not explain exactly what this means but, as I understand it, this should mean return of bowel control, right? Under the most recent AIS specifications "Complete" means no sacral sensation or control...

InVivo Therapeutics Announces Publication in Neurosurgery of Case Report Detailing First Neuro-Spinal Scaffold™ Implantation

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (Jun 22, 2016) – InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV) today announced the publication of a case report in the journal Neurosurgery detailing the first clinical Neuro-Spinal Scaffold implantation. Neurosurgery is the official journal of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons. Nicholas Theodore, M.D., is the lead author of the article, titled, “First Human Implantation of a Bioresorbable Polymer Scaffold for Acute Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury: A Clinical Pilot Study for Safety and Feasibility.” The article describes the clinical presentation, surgical procedure, and postoperative improvement of the first patient in the INSPIRE study through the patient’s 6-month follow-up.

http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/press-releases/invivo-therapeutics-announces-publication-in-neurosurgery-of-case-report-detailing-first-neuro-spinal-scaffold-implantation/

Soaring Stock shares! after trial data announced.The ultimate dictating agent toward these therapys..

http://247wallst.com/healthcare-busi...eutics-soared/

Aren't Invivo the 1's doing the Oscillating field implant device??Did that get anywhere??
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormycoon View Post
    Soaring Stock shares! after trial data announced.The ultimate dictating agent toward these therapys..

http://247wallst.com/healthcare-busi...eutics-soared/

Aren't Invivo the 1's doing the Oscillating field implant device??Did that get anywhere??
    Are these soaring stock shares based on some new company news?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

nevermind ,I see
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

From J. Napodano:

InVivo Therapeutics (NVIV): It was a busy week for NVIV. First, they put out a press release noting that patients #9 and #10 were enrolled in INSPIRE, only #10 died. So, good news that enrollment is taking place, but bad news that #10 died. Then they drop the bomb that enrollment has been paused for the past 4-5 weeks while they work with the FDA around the informed consent - likely due to the deaths of #8 and #10. Ok, so June was completely lost and that explains the lack of newsflow, but the fact that the FDA is asking for a way to incorporate a "control" group in INSPIRE is a little concerning. I'm not sure if that slows down the potential HDE filing or not. It's like the FDA set the bar with the 25% convert rate (the OPC) but is now coming back and saying, "Well, we'd like more info on that please. And we also want to make sure 20% death is normal." Eek - that's bad news. However, good news is that INSPIRE has moved into Canada and that should help speed up enrollment given the high concentration of SCI patients in major cities around the country. All in all, a mixed week for InVivo - enrollment is picking up and there are reasons to believe it will continue to accelerate, but the FDA is new wildcard investors didn't need.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

can anyone explain how these successful trials for acute's may eventually benefit chronic's when they moved into their new studies?

does this help the chronic studies at all? Or are they starting over from scratch?

The plan for chronics is a slug of pre grown neuron sprouts (grown from the patient's own cells) that would be implanted into a void left after removing "scar" tissue and dead axons. It's hugely different from the acute approach as it requires surgical removal of tissue pre implant. AFAIK no clinical work on this idea has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESRRR View Post
    can anyone explain how these successful trials for acute's may eventually benefit chronic's when they moved into their new studies?

does this help the chronic studies at all? Or are they starting over from scratch?
    Here's the InVivo Therapeutics company LINK explaining their "Bioengineered Neural Trails" being designed specifically for chronic SCI. There's information here along with a video that shows the minimum invasive injection through the scar explaining the trail of matrix gel and cells in delivery with the new delivery device, potential human fetal derived cells with a partner stem cell company and the pre-clinical work that is underway.

The acute one being talked about in this thread is a bioresorbable polymer scaffold that is designed for implantation (it's more like a solid). It provides structural support to the spared spinal tissue and a supportive matrix to facilitate endogenous repair processes. It degrades over several weeks.

The knowledge gained from the regulatory standpoint will help them speed up the process a bit and they know more about what to expect. On the flip side, the chronic one is more complicated with the addition of a cellular product to contend with.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-17-2016 at 11:40 PM. Reason: spelling