Thread: Facebook vs. CareCure as site for a private caregivers forum

Facebook vs. CareCure as site for a private caregivers forum

I, personally, am not on Facebook. I would be very leery of discussing any part of my husband's condition or my caregiving problems on a forum like Facebook. I would like to see the private caregivers forum on CareCure continued.

It's still here, but we are lacking some moderation, esp. since Obione's husband passed away.

(KLD)

maybe amy would be interested in moderating the caregivers forum. has anyone asked her?
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-01-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    It's still here, but we are lacking some moderation, esp. since Obione's husband passed away.

(KLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    maybe ami (not amy) would be interested in moderating the caregivers forum. has anyone asked her?
    I think Amy is very invested in the Spinal Cord Injury Caregiver Group she started on Facebook and serving as moderator on Care Cure Community may represent a significant conflict of interest. When Care Cure Community suffered a melt down with the vBulletin update, the majority of the Caregiver group members were siphoned off to this Facebook group. Many of us caregivers who didn't/don't feel comfortable discussing our issues and sharing our thoughts in the Facebook paradigm have been left without a frequent enough presence and readership on the Care Cure Community caregiver group to attract interested caregivers on a regular basis. Too bad, and a great loss.

NL, GJ's wife and caregiver
    Last edited by gjnl; 04-30-2015 at 10:10 PM.

To moderators and administration:

The Caregivers Forum is a membership only forum and new members need to be vetted and admitted by the moderators. Are Kate and Obie still active and processing inquires from caregivers who join Care Cure Community?

It would be great if we could breathe some new life into the Care Cure Community Caregiver's Membership Forum after a very long hiatus. I have recently posted there and so has another long time member. Love to see new Care Cure Community member "RKA" find her way to the forum as well as other caregivers who are looking for support and nurture.

NL (GJ's wife and caregiver)

I also do not use facebook. It would be great if there was still some activity here on the CareCure caregivers forum.

Caregiver and Facebook Luddite here.
    I'd be interested in joining a Caregiver's forum.

If you want to join the Caregiving Form, please send me a private message.

I was alerted to this thread by a friend. Thanks for thinking of me, but I am not interested in moderating here only because I don't really visit this forum much anymore. As has been mentioned, I have a private caregivers forum on facebook, and I also belong to a number of other SCI related FB groups.

For those concerned with privacy on the FB caregivers group, the group is completely closed, which means that nothing you post can be seen by anyone other than other members. You have to be invited to join and be approved by me personally to join. I only accept people I know or that someone else in the group can personally vouch for. Nothing you post in the FB group is seen by your friends (unless your friends are also members of the caregivers group of course). There are a number of other caregiver groups on FB besides mine, and I can point anyone towards mine or others if interested.

With that being said, different strokes for different folks, and both places are great sources of information and camaraderie.

Best wishes, Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager