Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone has tried to log into your account on CareCure Forums

Someone has tried to log into your account on CareCure Forums

Received this email last night. Who knew I was that fascinating?

Dear stephen212,

Someone has tried to log into your account on CareCure Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 117.169.1.148

All the best,
    CareCure Forums

Not the IP of a registered member. Suspect it was a hacker/spammer.

(KLD)

This has occurred a few over the past 2 months. Please let us know so we can ban the IP address.

I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I'm flattered.

This is weird. Not many folks use "All the best," as a sign off like I have since I joined Care Cure Community.

Can any of the moderators share with us how to tell a legitimate email from Care Cure Community from a hacker/spammer generated email?

All the best,
    GJ

This e-mail in the original post is automatically generated by the software after a certain number of failed attempts to log onto any account. It was not sent by the hacker. It is sent to the member to warn them about the attempts to hack their account.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    This e-mail in the original post is automatically generated by the software after a certain number of failed attempts to log onto any account. It was not sent by the hacker. It is sent to the member to warn them about the attempts to hack their account.

(KLD)
    Sent by vBulletin software?

All the best,
    GJ

GJ,

vBulletin is the software that runs CC. If you, or in this case, someone else attempts to log in with your username 5 times with an incorrect password, an email is automatically sent to the registration email address.

Before you EVER open something suspect, 1 MAKE SU.RE YOU HAVE SOFTWARE RUNNING FOR PREVENTION. #2 Do NOT EVER IEPEN SUSPECT. Use whatever hardware you have, mouse, AND RIGHT-CLICK on the item. It should open the Properties of the item without ever opening it. IT SHOULD give you the name of it. If even look suspicious, Close properties and simply MOVE item to Trash. If it is trash, your security software needs be updated. The Security software is not up to date to catch that.