Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turning glial cells into neurons

Of course the question that will be asked 5 times will be: When are the human trials and how do I get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    Of course the question that will be asked 5 times will be: When are the human trials and how do I get in?
    Tell me nowhere man, would you not partake in the epidural stimulator trial if you could? Giving you back bladder, bowel control as well as some sexual function? Yes, your not doing backflips and handstands but these "minor" imProvement's greatly affect quality of life. You think you're telling anyone something we don't know by saying a rat has never been cured? But we have no treatments for paralysis, any functional improvements are great that's why we are excited about human trials. Believe I wanna be 100% again but I'll happily take 30% for now. Case you haven't noticed basically in all of medical science we have never really "cured" much, if anything. Chemotherapy might help, we want to eradicate the disease tho, I dialysis will keep you alive but we want a repaired kidney, amputees use prostatic's but they want a regenerated fully functioning limb..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Tell me nowhere man, would you not partake in the epidural stimulator trial if you could? Giving you back bladder, bowel control as well as some sexual function? Yes, your not doing backflips and handstands but these "minor" imProvement's greatly affect quality of life. You think you're telling anyone something we don't know by saying a rat has never been cured? But we have no treatments for paralysis, any functional improvements are great that's why we are excited about human trials. Believe I wanna be 100% again but I'll happily take 30% for now. Case you haven't noticed basically in all of medical science we have never really "cured" much, if anything. Chemotherapy might help, we want to eradicate the disease tho, I dialysis will keep you alive but we want a repaired kidney, amputees use prostatic's but they want a regenerated fully functioning limb..
    No I would not partake if I could. Not until it is proven that it could restore b/b/ or s in complete injury. They've tested 2 completes and have just gone by their word. That is absolutely meaningless. SCI make shit up all the time. Even their description is meaningless. "Improved" or "Restored"? What does that mean. Not being ale to feel or control bladder, but bladder capacity increasing by 100 ml is "improved". Too vague. Give me graphic detail. They'd have to pay me a lot to be in that trial. It seems safe though. There's no regeneration or anything like that.

Many people here have said that rats have been cured, how they wish they were a rat, how the science is already here but needs to be tried in trial..etc. All garbage. No rat with complete injury has seen any meaningful recovery of function. Show me a reputable study where completely injured rats have restored function to any meaningful degree, and I'd be all for taking it to trial.

This is irrelevant to the thread. I don't have any ill-will towards Dr. Paul Lu but he has some questions to answer. No harm in that. He may have valid answers. That's science; answering questions about your discoveries.

i tend not to agree with Nowhereman, but seeing his point. What do we have? In meaning of recovery ...what do we have?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    No I would not partake if I could. Not until it is proven that it could restore b/b/ or s in complete injury. They've tested 2 completes and have just gone by their word. That is absolutely meaningless. SCI make shit up all the time. Even their description is meaningless. "Improved" or "Restored"? What does that mean. Not being ale to feel or control bladder, but bladder capacity increasing by 100 ml is "improved". Too vague. Give me graphic detail. They'd have to pay me a lot to be in that trial. It seems safe though. There's no regeneration or anything like that.

Many people here have said that rats have been cured, how they wish they were a rat, how the science is already here but needs to be tried in trial..etc. All garbage. No rat with complete injury has seen any meaningful recovery of function. Show me a reputable study where completely injured rats have restored function to any meaningful degree, and I'd be all for taking it to trial.

This is irrelevant to the thread. I don't have any ill-will towards Dr. Paul Lu but he has some questions to answer. No harm in that. He may have valid answers. That's science; answering questions about your discoveries.
    I agree, but have you seen ever animal trial results for example the trial in Russia etc. There Is a lot going on that we haven't seen.