Thread: why was a thread "closed" ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

why was a thread "closed" ?

I responded to what became a very heated thread. Someone "Closed" the thread ... THEY can continue to say negative things to me but I can't respond. How is this fair? I thought this was a public forum?? Anyone else have this happen to them?

When people start throwing personal insults around, the thread is moved to Members Only, if it continues, the thread is locked. This is our policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrier12 View Post
    THEY can continue to say negative things to me but I can't respond. How is this fair?
    No one can respond on a closed thread. A few people got a shot in just before it was shut down. Sorry you missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrier12 View Post
    I responded to what became a very heated thread. Someone "Closed" the thread ... THEY can continue to say negative things to me but I can't respond. How is this fair? I thought this was a public forum?? Anyone else have this happen to them?
    This is a public forum, but it is is owned and funded by Dr. Young. He makes the rules about civil behavior on these forums, and has directed moderators and administrators (like Jim) to handle such posts and threads as described by Jim above. Just because a forum is public does not make it a place where you or anyone else can treat members with disrespect. Repeat offenders risk banning.

According to your profile, you do not have a spinal cord injury or any other disability, which makes your posts doubly suspicious as a troll. A complete profile will generate more appropriate responses from members to your posts.

(KLD)