Hello everyone,
I'm having a problem with a blood blister on my right foot that's taking a long time to heal. My aide first noticed it a few weeks ago when I started experiencing pain on the bottom of my right foot. At first, I thought it was a pressure sore because the area looked like the source categorized as "Suspected Deep Tissue Injury Pressure Ulcers" in the last attachment at http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ging-Standards. There was no drainage from the sore and I really don't think the skin was ever opened. I knew I might not be able to get to my doctor right away so I ordered a tube of Medihoney as I'd seen some great reviews here on Care Cures and on Amazon for its treatment of pressure sores.

I had my CNA put some Medihoney on a bandage then taped that over the wound. We changed the bandage every day each time covering it with the Medihoney but after a week of doing that, there was little change if any, in the sore. I went to my GP who referred me to a local wound care center and the doctor there said the sore is a blood blister, not a pressure sore. He suggested I wait another week while keeping pressure off the sore and keeping it bandaged with a dry bandage. When I went back a few days ago, he said the sore didn't look much different, maybe a little smaller but did not take any further action other than changing the bandage. He suggested I keep pressure off of it as much as I can and that it will heal in a few weeks.

Has anyone had experience like this with a blood blister/pressure sore? When I first noticed the sore which was around 3/20, it was much darker, almost all black but now it has a reddish color, maybe from the MedIhoney? Any suggestions on how I can get this to heal any quicker? I've been keeping pressure off of it for over three weeks now (no shoes) with very little change. Thanks in advance for any info!

(FYI, I tried to attach a pic but got errors #2038)