Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: van insurance

Quote Originally Posted by sledgrl View Post
    I have Geico. I have all my modifications (ramp, kneeling system, hand controls and driver transfer seat) listed as mobility modifications. They told me the modifications are only covered if listed specifically on policy with value. Since voc rehab paid for the modifications I had the cost/value of each one. When I first purchased insurance policy through Geico I was told there was no additional charge to cover the modifications "because they make you a safer driver". Every time my policy renews (every 6 months) I call and speak with a supervisor to make sure that's still true. My policy shows the modifications listed as being covered and there are no extra charges added on for the coverage.
    The state laws might be different where you live. But in most areas they would only cover the hand controls and the others would be added as extra modifications. I would not call a local agent on this question. Call the customer service line.

Quote Originally Posted by sledgrl View Post
    I have Geico. I have all my modifications (ramp, kneeling system, hand controls and driver transfer seat) listed as mobility modifications. They told me the modifications are only covered if listed specifically on policy with value. Since voc rehab paid for the modifications I had the cost/value of each one. When I first purchased insurance policy through Geico I was told there was no additional charge to cover the modifications "because they make you a safer driver". Every time my policy renews (every 6 months) I call and speak with a supervisor to make sure that's still true. My policy shows the modifications listed as being covered and there are no extra charges added on for the coverage.
    I have geico and I am paying much more than norm due to conversion. Same situation as you, voc paid, conversion placed called in the list of upgrades to the insurance co. I was there and she read the list o them. My wife drives a 2013 ford explorer XLT,fully loaded and i have 2010 dodge grand caravan both on same policy, i looked at breakdown, charg on mine is much more than hers per month.. her car is newer/more expensive so conversion has to be reason