Thread: Monarch A1 Hand Controls HELP!

Monarch A1 Hand Controls HELP!

I'm having a set of Monarch A1's set up for me in a used van I bought. The controls were already in so they are attempting to adjust and set them up for me. I have been driving from my chair for 30 years now but this is my first set of Monarchs and it appears the hand grip lever is to short. The tech says he has them adjusted as far as they go but the actual hand grip is in a bad spot for me.

My question is does anybody know if they make a variety of interchangable levers/handles, longer ones that I can try or is that something I will need to have made for me?
    ^^(A)^^

I think they are feeding you a line of BS. Fellow chair user and I used to sell modified vehicles in the past. Monarch supplies parts to extend that no problem in most cases. You usually have to order a long brake push rod, that's what extends it out towards you. You can call Monarch yourself tell them what year and model van you have. Tell them your situation and if there's a part or longer push rod that will enable the grip to come closer to you. A lot of times they can tell you right off the bat good luck 1-800-243-4051 or e-mail info@mps-handcontrols.com.

I think you mean the handle is too close to the stewing column as in you want it to protrude farther towards the door?
    And if I am thinking of the right kind of controls, the brake lever is flat metal excepting the end with the handgrip?
    If that's the kind, there are 4(?) different projections it can mount to.
    I'd have to look at the ones in my spare car if they are what you mean. If they are, I was going to modify mine but never got around to it.

Yes that the one I am talking about the actual lever with the hand grip on it.
    ^^(A)^^