Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 153

Thread: It sure is frusterating with all the good things that seem to have been announced

  1. #61
    Senior Member lurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    nq australia
    Posts
    548
    I know I wouldn't be too worried about what the media does or does't say. they don't have a fucking clue when it comes to SCI.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    I know I wouldn't be too worried about what the media does or does't say. they don't have a fucking clue when it comes to SCI.
    That is literally one of most rational things I have read on this site.

  3. #63
    What I find frustrating:

    --those who are highly ignorant, believing that “the science is there” and all we need are clinical trials.
    --those who are highly ignorant, thinking their lives are great and just accept their injury with a smile and “don’t worry about what they don’t have”, then spew that shit onto others, often with higher & incomparable injury.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    479
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    What I find frustrating:

    --those who are highly ignorant, believing that ?the science is there? and all we need are clinical trials.
    --those who are highly ignorant, thinking their lives are great and just accept their injury with a smile and ?don?t worry about what they don?t have?, then spew that shit onto others, often with higher & incomparable injury.
    Yes, I noticed how angry and frustrated you get when someone thinks different than you. Do you expect the whole world to stop because of it? Its a shame you waist such energy towards whoever you find 'ignorant'... like nobody else has a right to have their own opinion besides yourself, right??

    Who are you anyways to judge or classify someone to be 'highly ignorant'?
    Last edited by Moe; 04-22-2015 at 12:41 AM.

  5. #65
    I more than ever want curative therapies and more than ever for those injured worse than myself, it is bad enough being a t4 Para, I can only imagine how tough it would be to be a C4, I have friends at this level or higher and know how hard it can be. I do feel there is a lot we all don't know about what is going on with research no matter how well read we are, maybe there is more in the works that could help us than we know about? We all can really only speculate.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  6. #66
    Senior Member Tbone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    What I find frustrating:

    --those who are highly ignorant, believing that “the science is there” and all we need are clinical trials.
    --those who are highly ignorant, thinking their lives are great and just accept their injury with a smile and “don’t worry about what they don’t have”, then spew that shit onto others, often with higher & incomparable injury.
    i understand. It's much better being negative, angry and arrogant like you Nowhere. Tell me son are you bald , obese and irritable too?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Who are you anyways to judge or classify someone to be 'highly ignorant'?
    a) Not a fool.
    b) has followed SCI research for at least 2 years

    That's all anyone needs to have a clear picture of the state of SCI research.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    i understand. It's much better being negative, angry and arrogant like you Nowhere. Tell me son are you bald , obese and irritable too?
    It's called being realistic. I know you come here to get a "hope fix" instead of a dealing with reality and actual science. I am thin, no quad gut because I've always worn a binder, have a full head of hair, and I'm not irritable.

    I'm frustrated because the two mind frames that I have stated above have actual consequences on the pace and direction of SCI research.
    Last edited by Nowhere Man; 04-22-2015 at 05:24 PM.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Tbone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    It's called being realistic. I know you come here to get a "hope fix" instead of a dealing with reality and actual science. I am thin, no quad gut because I've always worn a binder, have a full head of hair, and I'm not irritable.

    I'm frustrated because the two mind frames that I have stated above have actual consequences on the pace and direction of SCI
    research.
    So tell me, what are you doing to further the research, besides bombing this forum with your horse shit?

  10. #70
    I don't really think mind frames have anything to do with it, it's a very complex thing and very slow process, it's as simple as that. Nobody is out to get anyone or move slow on research because they think we are content. A couple factors that do slow things down though is lack or research funding, FDA restraints, certain political factors that have cut research funding to bare bones minimum.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Similar Threads

  1. Things are not looking good.........
    By bcsimpsons in forum Life
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
  2. just when i think things are good...
    By bjschild32 in forum Life
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 10:14 AM
  3. Things are looking good....
    By JoshuaS in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •