Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It sure is frusterating with all the good things that seem to have been announced

Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn. All this "news" about the latest greatest fixes yet. Sorry fellas....there aint nothing that is gonna transform our lives that is "awesome". word of new trials, rat tests, electronic gizmos,....all come down to the same result: no further development. Nothing. Hate to be the chump in the room, but I cant stand the build up of a hopeful cure, then hear nothing but crickets. Its an old game, that I have long since tired of.

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn. All this "news" about the latest greatest fixes yet. Sorry fellas....there aint nothing that is gonna transform our lives that is "awesome". word of new trials, rat tests, electronic gizmos,....all come down to the same result: no further development. Nothing. Hate to be the chump in the room, but I cant stand the build up of a hopeful cure, then hear nothing but crickets. Its an old game, that I have long since tired of.
    I can't stand the build up game either. I'd be happy with an incremental improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Yes, I remember Brain-gate very well, infact I had a job interview with a company called Cyber Kinetics that was behind Brain-gate in Massachusetts around 7 years ago or so and was reminded of it recently when Dr. Young sent me a reply email I sent him at that time 7 years ago and just got the reply back about a question to him about the interview in the past couple months, took a while, lol. Like I said, things move slow
    Please post when you have some news that you can share. I'll have to look at my old emails to remember the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Chaz19 you seem to be level headed most of the time. I think you might be a little upset about Grammy slamming the misinformation in your post # 9 about Acorda and The Miami Project. I would rather have someone tell me to expect good news in the near future than have someone speculate wildly and publicly about what's NOT going on. I don't think you were malicious, so what were your motives?
    I asked a question and never received an answer. My motive was simple. Find out why someone would tease and play with hope. If you have info to share, please do, if not please do not make the community guess like James and I did or grovel.

I don't take condescending remarks lightly. Plenty of other ways to discuss. I also do not know or care about others fights. It looks like I got put in middle for no reason. Water under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn. All this "news" about the latest greatest fixes yet. Sorry fellas....there aint nothing that is gonna transform our lives that is "awesome". word of new trials, rat tests, electronic gizmos,....all come down to the same result: no further development. Nothing.
    Yup, perfect time to pack it in and go enjoy what's left of life.

You know all that was said was that some important info was going to come in the next few months. What's all the drama about? Why do you feel that your being played with or teased. Wait awhile and see what comes down the pike,

QUOTE=Chaz19;1765165]I asked a question and never received an answer. My motive was simple. Find out why someone would tease and play with hope. If you have info to share, please do, if not please do not make the community guess like James and I did or grovel.

I don't take condescending remarks lightly. Plenty of other ways to discuss. I also do not know or care about others fights. It looks like I got put in middle for no reason. Water under the bridge.[/QUOTE]

I don't know you. Why toss stones and call me 'clueless'? Reread the thread. Maybe look into history of Dr. Lima, Dr. Huang, or countless others.
    Let sleeping dogs lie. PM me if you want- I'll share some info w/you there. Taking a wait and see approach has never been my style.

Do you have any idea of the state of funding?

Curt has been around- the whole point of the thread is frustration.

Hey man, no offense meant. I'm just trying to catch up on things, kinda new to this and I'm doing allot of research to increase my knowledge base. Checking into Lima and Huang, seems Lima passed a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    Hey man, no offense meant. I'm just trying to catch up on things, kinda new to this and I'm doing allot of research to increase my knowledge base. Checking into Lima and Huang, seems Lima passed a few years ago.
    If you like history, you may enjoy reading the works of Santiago Ramon y Cajal. His original work and findings were interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    If you like history, you may enjoy reading the works of Santiago Ramon y Cajal. His original work and findings were interesting.
    Studying Dr. Kao's work would be more relevant in the context of this discussion