Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It sure is frusterating with all the good things that seem to have been announced

The pace of giving access to available therapies is maddening to the point that it seems violence is a reasonable reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    The pace of giving access to available therapies is maddening to the point that it seems violence is a reasonable reaction.
    What level of violence would be reasonable to inflict on mankind when there aren't viable regeneration therapies to access for a SCI in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    Don't protests usually precede violence? Maybe we should start by protesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Don't protests usually precede violence? Maybe we should start by protesting.
    Not anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Not anymore!
    No kidding. Just watch television for a few minutes. I don't live all that far from Columbine High School or the Aurora movie theatre. I also drive the I-10 back and forth between Sun City and the airport in Phoenix on top of spending a lot of time in various airports throughout the country traveling for meetings and conferences. In fact, I had to drive a rental car halfway across the country after being stranded during the week of 9/11. There's not much forewarning anymore when someone has a beef, they just start killing everyone in sight. You don't see picket lines much either..violence a reasonable reaction? Nope.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-19-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I think Jim was referring to Dr. Wise's clinical trials and not Harkema. One thing I do know though is that at the pace of things any curative therapies are 200 to 300 years away. I was all for major protests in Washington DC instead of peaceful let us learn demonstrations. Until there is some kind of revolution nothing will change, we well remain seated in wheelchairs, patronized by the public and laughed at.
    Here is a recent protest from Parkinson's patients:

http://californiastemcellreport.blog...smayed-at.html
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

I think we should act as AIDS people are doing now:

“The battle cry now must be one word — cure, cure, cure!”

http://blog.cirm.ca.gov/2015/09/28/c...e-for-hivaids/
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Good articles. I did not mean to sound like a madman or anything about the possibility of protests, but it seems like sometimes that's what it takes. I learned some about them when I was in DC ten years ago, we were trying to protest and we were shuffled into a back alley where nobody could see us and no media exposure and informed we could only protest in this designated area, I'm sure some of you others here on these forums were there, I know Kate was, Betheny and many others. I just felt like we tried but it we really went unheard. I felt like the government was silencing us by allowing us to protest only in that one area. In high school I took a course called "Revolution and Reaction" and it was about this very sort of thing and it kind of stuck with me that sometimes for a major change to happen there almost has to be a revolution. On the other hand I would have felt horrible if I setup such a protest and friends when getting clubbed over the heads and seriously messed up and put in jail. So it's a tough call.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

What avenue would you protest that you're not receiving? The epi stim trials? I don't see anything else ... it's a perfect time in the US and Canada with elections looming. Though we're 15 or so days away here in Canada.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I know permits have to be issued for the various areas and exact times, etc.. I was in Washington DC a few years ago when protesters were at the front of the Supreme Court steps protesting the Brady Bill issue. It was interesting to watch but a bit intimidating looking up and seeing the capital police blocking higher steps in their uniforms with their arms crossed in front of them and looking quite ominous.