Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It sure is frusterating with all the good things that seem to have been announced

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Did this news come to light yet? Or "soon"?
    Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I am pissed. I contacted Susan Harkema and they won't involve a female until the next phase ... I re-checked and right on the clinicaltrial.gov website it says 'males.' WTF? We have been pushed aside and all the equipment and research is always geared towards men?! I aksed if that means after 2020 but she hasn't answered yet ... are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?
    She posted this on facebook this morning-

Dr. Susan Harkema
    32 mins
    Thank you everyone for the interest and discussion related to our most recent manuscript on the effects of lumbosacral spinal cord epidural stimulation on standing after chronic spinal cord injury published in PLOS One. I wanted to let you all know that we are actively recruiting women into all of our research studies. We have experienced challenges, however, namely that there is at least a 2 to 1 male-to-female ratio among adults with spinal cord injury according to the World Health Organization, and some recent studies have reported a 4:1 ratio. I want to encourage all women living with spinal cord injury to visit our website, http://www.victoryoverparalysis.org, and register for our research inquiry database if you are interested in participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    She posted this on facebook this morning-

Dr. Susan Harkema
    32 mins
    Thank you everyone for the interest and discussion related to our most recent manuscript on the effects of lumbosacral spinal cord epidural stimulation on standing after chronic spinal cord injury published in PLOS One. I wanted to let you all know that we are actively recruiting women into all of our research studies. We have experienced challenges, however, namely that there is at least a 2 to 1 male-to-female ratio among adults with spinal cord injury according to the World Health Organization, and some recent studies have reported a 4:1 ratio. I want to encourage all women living with spinal cord injury to visit our website, http://www.victoryoverparalysis.org, and register for our research inquiry database if you are interested in participation.
    There you go lynnifer

Going to be difficult to find women when the study still says males. *shakes head*

Also, since when have statistics been updated for genders in spinal cord injury? I'd want to know where and what year those statistics are from ... whatever.

I'm sure they gladly take fundraising monies from women.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Also, look at the trial completion date ... January 2020. Ten people. I thought it was $36 for 36?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Yesterday it was posted that the cinicaltrials.gov website would be updated and correctly to show women as well.

Yes I know exactly what Curt's talking about. I feel the same way. I wonder how long those guys were injured. I was lucky enough to find this blast from the past. https://archives.nbclearn.com/portal...?cuecard=40163 note how they say at the end it was funded by The American Paralysis Association, now CRF. The Spinal Cord Society funded this work, president Chas Carson was furious. Like he said, where did they just pull those words out of the air. Well other an that I read some "cure" article once in awhile. I just went to the SCS site. Their work seems promising, but don't they all. Dr. Carson did always say combinations are the way to go.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Blog Entries
    I'm so sick of logging on here for 13 years to see a lot, a lot of nothing. Really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    I'm so sick of logging on here for 13 years to see a lot, a lot of nothing. Really depressing.
    +1 8 years here

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Aren't you excited about epidural stimulation at all? LOL!
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming