Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It sure is frusterating with all the good things that seem to have been announced

Seems most updates regarding "cures" are recycled studies going back 20 plus years.

Yes, things get recycled and recycled as long as they can. The Story was back again in the news about the Epidural Stimulation on CNN and other news channels the other day just as if it was new news all over again. "Hope for Spinal Cord injury Patients" The first Stimulator of this type was implanted over 5 years ago and from what they say the effects are fairly instant, so this news has been known for a long time. But gotta get more donations, raise more money and then the next "Big Idea" will come out and the scenario repeats itself. Seen this time and time again over the past 34 years. The public must think there are like 1000 cures for Spinal Cord Injury.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

The first spinal cord stimulator was implanted in 1971???

This is like some really sick episode of the Twilight Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    This is like some really sick episode of the Twilight Zone
    We older injuries have seen this time and time again yet get vilified by the newer injuries as being pessimistic and more interested in care vs cure. What Curt says is right on; just the same ole' same ole'.

Irks me bigtime to have researchers saying in 7 years it'll happen. They've been saying that since the late '70's. Dang tell us when you actually have something. I'm interested in Cure as much as anyone but admit I have been jaded hearing this time after time...

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    All in it's own time... I believe there will be some very important news coming to light within the next couple of months.
    Did this news come to light yet? Or "soon"?

I am pissed. I contacted Susan Harkema and they won't involve a female until the next phase ... I re-checked and right on the clinicaltrial.gov website it says 'males.' WTF? We have been pushed aside and all the equipment and research is always geared towards men?! I aksed if that means after 2020 but she hasn't answered yet ... are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I am pissed. I contacted Susan Harkema and they won't involve a female until the next phase ... I re-checked and right on the clinicaltrial.gov website it says 'males.' WTF? We have been pushed aside and all the equipment and research is always geared towards men?! I aksed if that means after 2020 but she hasn't answered yet ... are you freaking kidding me!?!?!?
    That sucks. Will be interesting to hear the reasoning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    That's odd, I don't understand their reasoning for not taking women?
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Yes, things get recycled and recycled as long as they can. The Story was back again in the news about the Epidural Stimulation on CNN and other news channels the other day just as if it was new news all over again. "Hope for Spinal Cord injury Patients" The first Stimulator of this type was implanted over 5 years ago and from what they say the effects are fairly instant, so this news has been known for a long time. But gotta get more donations, raise more money and then the next "Big Idea" will come out and the scenario repeats itself. Seen this time and time again over the past 34 years. The public must think there are like 1000 cures for Spinal Cord Injury.
    why isn't this already funded? Anyone have any idea?