Thread: I am a little worried

I am a little worried

spinal injury here and been having severe constipation last month. Spoke with nursing on here and at Craig and went in for doctor visit and x ray. Doctor suggested I would have to use a lot of different laxative type stuff to try and break it up. That was 2 weeks ago and I am still taking magnesium citrate and miralax and lactulose. I have small liquid bowel movements right after I take one of those meds then that's it till next dose. Any ideas about how I can blow it out?

How much and how often are you taking these? Are you also still eating and drinking plenty of fluids? Liquid stool like this often is seen oozing around a large impaction. What did the Xray of your bowel show?

(KLD)

doctor said xray showed impaction blockage. Fluid level intake a about the same, I have increased drinking because of liquid stool and eating a lot of raw vegetables. I was taking med laxatives every other day but took 3 bisacodyl pills yesterday and have had 3 very runny BM no substance. Wish there was a magic pill I have to stay home close to bathroom

I recommend you try this:

1 full bottle of magnesium citrate (it is best if iced) now. Repeat every 6 hours if you don't have a large BM.
    1 tablespoon of Lactulose every hour (start now) when awake until you have a large BM.
    Repeat the bisacodyl tablets in the morning.

Do your regular bowel care daily along with the above.

(KLD)

thanks .... been fighting this all day so will relax tonight and start the above suggestions tomorrow morning.

Bowel issues are the worst. Good luck!