Thread: muscles tighten when I eat

muscles tighten when I eat

When I eat, my upper body stiffens up. c6-7 quad 20 years.

Any reason why this occurs?

Note... this is not indigestion.

Do you also get AD symptoms? It could be your gall bladder. Does this happen more with a meal with a lot of fat/grease? Have you had a recent abdominal ultrasound looking for possible gall stones?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Do you also get AD symptoms? It could be your gall bladder. Does this happen more with a meal with a lot of fat/grease? Have you had a recent abdominal ultrasound looking for possible gall stones?

(KLD)
    I had an upper gi check about 3 years ago. Dr. just said don't take nsaids b/c it was inflamed. I don't take nsaids,

The type of food really does not matter. Although, nuts will set it off worse...also sugar. I get no allergic reactions.

I will get ad type reactions too. Between my chest and waist, the muscles torque my body to my left. My eyes get foggy sometimes too, but not like low blood pressure. This all started a few years ago out of the blue. I really have to fight the resistance of the muscles.

Ouch, I get Autonomic Dysreflexia Hyperreflexia every time I eat. Any distension viscerally can trigger it. There is a release of catecholamines that have a muscle contracting effect (inotropic). You might want to take your BP and PR several times a day especially before and after eating. Your likely to find your BP goes up and your PR will go down but it is possible that the opposite will occur.
    Joseph