Thread: Lilypad wheelchair scale

Lilypad wheelchair scale

New on the market, designed for home use. Right now it only accommodates manual chairs, but they are looking at a power wheelchair version. I am getting more information (like how to adjust the location of the weighing pads for different chairs) but it does look promising for home use:

http://lilypadscales.com/

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Interesting...thanks.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

$600, eh? The cheapskate in me says get two of these http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-titan.html? for about $80 delivered, get 2 lengths of wood from the home improvement store to make a 'ramp' and distribute the load onto the scales, then add the two. Of course subtract the weight of the chair and wood afterwards to get the final result. If you really want to get cheap, only get one scale and make a window in an appropriately sized sheet of plywood to see the display and do the same figurin'.
    Last edited by Andy; 04-06-2015 at 01:54 PM.

I'm on board for 590.00 and I already have a scale like Andy describes. When and where can I get one, my wife was sold when she heard Smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    I'm on board for 590.00 and I already have a scale like Andy describes. When and where can I get one, my wife was sold when she heard Smart phone.
    Looks like they have not actually started distribution yet, but are taking "pre-orders". Check out their website.

(KLD)

Just got notification that this is now on VA contract, so for Veterans with SCI/D who need to be able to weigh at home, your provider may be able to order this for you through your Prosthetics & Sensory Aids benefits.

Although they still only have a manual wheelchair version, this could also be used while sitting in a shower/commode chair or even a regular chair as long as you have the pad set up with the 4 weighing stations under the legs of the chair.

(KLD)

This sounds interesting. Right now, the only way I can weight myself is with a Hoyer lift that has a scale on it.